• Blocks of the Month and Week
  • 2011 BOM #2 - STARS - 15th of the Month >
  • 2011 BOM #2 - STARS - 15th of the Month

• 2011 BOM #2 - STARS - 15th of the Month

Old 01-27-2011, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by cla8655
    Originally Posted by candi
    Sorry this is my third day there, am trying to catch up. when you say the two bom you all are talking about the church block and the star? if you is not to late for me to join you all?
    It's never too late. There are two BOMs going on this board for 2011:house blocks posted on the first of each month, and then a star block posted on the 15th. You can pick and choose as to which to join and what and when to make your blocks. It'll be your quilt or quilts and you do with them as you please. This is my first BOM and I am going to try to keep up with both. Join the fun and show us a photo if you can of the blocks you make :thumbup:
    thank you, I will start with the start, and I will try the other one later because I have never done the paper piecing? that one is a challenge if it gets complicated I will do it the way I know how to do it , thanks
    A lot of us had never done the paper piecing (PP) before and really had a lot of fun doing it...try it!
    Old 01-27-2011, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
    Originally Posted by candi
    Sorry this is my third day there, am trying to catch up. when you say the two bom you all are talking about the church block and the star? if you is not to late for me to join you all?
    It's never too late. There are two BOMs going on this board for 2011:house blocks posted on the first of each month, and then a star block posted on the 15th. You can pick and choose as to which to join and what and when to make your blocks. It'll be your quilt or quilts and you do with them as you please. This is my first BOM and I am going to try to keep up with both. Join the fun and show us a photo if you can of the blocks you make :thumbup:
    thank you, I will start with the start, and I will try the other one later because I have never done the paper piecing? that one is a challenge if it gets complicated I will do it the way I know how to do it , thanks
    A lot of us had never done the paper piecing (PP) before and really had a lot of fun doing it...try it!
    is there a place that I can go to see how it is done?
    Old 01-27-2011, 07:40 AM

We all have to start somewhere, and I will warn you, there will be paperpiecing of some of the stars. Those who are new to paperpiecing might want to go to Quilters Cache and try their lesson on pp. It is here:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQu...tingthree.html

And I think others have posted links to other sites with instructions on how to do it.

Please don't be afraid of pp.
    Old 01-27-2011, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
    We all have to start somewhere, and I will warn you, there will be paperpiecing of some of the stars. Those who are new to paperpiecing might want to go to Quilters Cache and try their lesson on pp. It is here:
    http://www.quilterscache.com/StartQu...tingthree.html

And I think others have posted links to other sites with instructions on how to do it.

Please don't be afraid of pp.
    I am not afraid to try, all I need to see how it is done, am good at autoteaching my self. I did that start in a quilt that I did for the sequatchie fair but not with paper paperpiecing let me see if I find the picture of the quilt that has that star, what I did I used it to make the shape of the thing that goes on the back of the cowboys boot, the quilt theme was horses

those two quilts were my at the fair, got 1first place
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]168906[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-168901.jpe  
    Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Your quilts are beautiful. Congratulations.
    Old 01-27-2011, 04:42 PM

I am in there for both BOM'S as well. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    Old 01-27-2011, 09:15 PM

welcome :-D
    Old 01-28-2011, 07:41 AM

Love this month's block. I downloaded the instructions, but won't be able to make it this month. I need to get some fabric for it, but I'm ill and can't make the trip :( Ah well, I'll join the party later.
    Old 01-28-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by J.M.
    Love this month's block. I downloaded the instructions, but won't be able to make it this month. I need to get some fabric for it, but I'm ill and can't make the trip :( Ah well, I'll join the party later.
    Get well soon! The block works up quickly, nice for the first one!
    Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by J.M.
    Get well quickly. No hurry on making the block. Take care of yourself first. It's an easy block and works up quickly.