Buying a tablet

Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Power Poster

Default Buying a tablet

I finally have broken down and order this NuVision tablet. Has anybody any info on this model? I can't on my limited budget afford any of the Apple products but my techie friends say this is a pretty good deal.

http://www.costco.com/NuVision-TM101...=10301&refine=
Old 03-13-2015, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

did you read the reviews of it here: http://reviews.costco.com/2070/10015...tm?sort=rating
i've never heard of that brand
Old 03-13-2015, 12:08 PM

I'm not familiar with that brand either. I bought a Samsung about 1.5 years ago. It is android platform. It was about the same price as that one if not less. I found a really nice lady at Best Buy when I was investigating. She was a sweetheart and understood my dinosaur ways and really helped me pick the correct product for me. As far as I know the android platform tablets are considerably cheaper than the apple products. I am extremely happy with my decision.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:08 PM

We bought an RCA tablet from Walmart at Christmas at about that same price. I am not very technical but it does what I need it too.
Old 03-14-2015, 06:14 AM

Everyone seems to have one these days but it was just an added electronic device I could live with or without. A couple at my congregation both had one and I knew he was very "in to it" with electronics so figured he upgrade one of these days so asked him if he ever decided to upgrade and wanted to sale his, I'd be interested. Well a great deal came across him within 3-4 weeks so he brought his old Samsung 8.0 to me to play with to see if I even liked it before buying it from him. Now I call that very nice "try before you buy". Well of course I liked it so much I went out online to Amazon.com to see about a keyboard as I hate using the little pen to hunt and peck my keys. Found a nice one after reading the reviews for one that came in a leather case and the keyboard can be removed when not needed. Plus it uses the same charger as my Samsung tablet. Plus...............I realized my cell phone is a Samsung too so only one charger is needed for all 3 items. Obviously I don't use my cell phone much since I didn't realize what brand it was. Have it only for emergencies so its a TracFone.

I do like my tablet though and since getting the keyboard, the couple liked it so much they got one for theirs too.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I finally have broken down and order this NuVision tablet. Has anybody any info on this model? I can't on my limited budget afford any of the Apple products but my techie friends say this is a pretty good deal.

http://www.costco.com/NuVision-TM101...=10301&refine=

That is probably a very nice tablet, but last month I bought "Chromo" brand tablet with android operating system for DH on Amazon for $50! It is seven inch and so far he can do mostly the same things I can do on my ten inch Ipad2. A plus, is you can chose your color, when I bought his, he had a choice of red, black, blue and green. It arrived when promised, great price, easy to learn (important for me and DH) just be sure to get a screen saver, and a case for durability, if you are clumsy like me and DH. My iPad has had a big crack in the glass since last summer when I dropped it, and still works.

Last edited by madamekelly; 03-14-2015 at 02:45 PM.