Usps

Old 05-23-2024, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

Today my Informed Delivery showed 6 pieces of mail. I got one delivered.
Old 05-24-2024, 03:22 AM

I won't send anything I want tracked via USPS - so basically, any packages. Their tracking system has always left much to be desired. When I am waiting on packages that were sent USPS, it is not at all unusual for it to show as several states away when it has actually been delivered. Packages can sit in the big city hubs for days before moving due to staffing shortages.

Living in a fairly rural area, we have seen the decline of USPS services. In 15 miles, we have 3 tiny post offices, 2 of which have never offered delivery. They now have window service alternating hours so that one of them is open during business hours, but none are open all day, and none are open during typical lunch hours. So, one will be open 8:30 - 11:30, one 1:00 - 5:00, the biggest one 8:30 - 3:30. That one is the only one that delivers mail - and it's not at all unusual for our mail to come at 6PM. A truck from Rochester, 45 miles away, goes to all of the small PO's, picks up outgoing mail, takes it to Rochester for sorting overnight, then brings it back the next day. Hence, an envelope going 5 miles away takes 2 or 3 days to be delivered.
Old 05-24-2024, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

I think mail and package delivery service must depend on where you live. I get excellent results with USPS and UPS, FedEx not so much.