Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Favorite online sources of discount fabrics >
  • Favorite online sources of discount fabrics

• Favorite online sources of discount fabrics

Old 01-08-2011, 04:05 PM

Thanks so much for the information! I am new at this and appreciate all the help I can get! I recently retired and money is tight these day :)
    Old 01-08-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by ramonasct
    Check out Whittles Fabrics and Marshall Dry Goods. You can Google both of them to get the web page.
    Can't recommend Marshall Dry Goods. I just received an order from them and the fabric was stuffed in a brown box, bulging at the seams with tape just barely holding it together. The fabric was not in any other protective covering and if the box had gotten wet I'd be out a good amount of money. An obvious lack of customer service from my point of view.
    Old 01-08-2011, 05:08 PM

You might think I'm nuts, but check out Ebay. I have gotten some amazing bargains in the last two weeks and have stocked away an a lot of fabric. Check out Country-Stitches and Chantellace.
    Old 01-08-2011, 05:16 PM

Thank you so much for the info.
    Old 01-08-2011, 07:51 PM

BettyGee, can you give us a link to the two sellers on ebay that you have listed. I can't find them with just their names. I think it's my computer......I don't know how to use it. lol
    Old 01-08-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by yonnikka
    Times are tough; and buying excellent fabrics at a discount price adds to the fun of quilting. Here are a couple of my favorite online sources:

www.thousandsofbolts.com

www.QuiltFabricCloseouts.com

with both, I've had excellent customer service.

Thank you so much for sharing your favorites with us. We are all felling the pinch.

Hugs :thumbup:
    Old 01-09-2011, 07:16 AM

Just learned about S&V in PA - never ordered from them but min cut is 1/4 yd.
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:39 AM

I have ordered from Thousands of Bolts several times. Love it. Good fabric, good prices good customer service. I have not ordered from fabric closeouts but just pulled it up and it has beautiful fabric with good prices so will be ordering from them too. Thanks for the links. Does anyone know of a good link to find reasonable priced southwest designs. My daughter is getting into quilting and she is a southwest design lover. She has made some very pretty quilts but the fabric is hard to find and when you can find it is so terrible expensive. Thanks. Patti
    Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by hawghugger
    BettyGee, can you give us a link to the two sellers on ebay that you have listed. I can't find them with just their names. I think it's my computer......I don't know how to use it. lol
    That's funny I have one of those computers too; you know the kind that do silly things and you have no idea why?

Happy to let you in on some great bargains. www.stores.ebay.com/chantellelacedesigns and www.stores.ebay.com/country-stittches2. That isn't a misprint, it is with a double t.

I got 4 yards of material this morning for $3.33 on Ebay. A lady that used to do craft fairs is retiring and clearing out her stash. You have to be careful and watch the info on the postings because sometimes the listing will be for 1/4 yard or 1/2 yard not a full yard. The info is all there, but you do have to be sure to read everything. That said, I have built my stash up in the last three weeks by watching Ebay and am very pleased with the bargains. Another thing about Ebay is that there are very very strict rules that sellers must follow and that is to our benefit. Many offer free shipping which really adds to the deal.

Ebay scared the dickens out of me the first time I went on, but it is very user friendly and is run very professionally.

If I can help with anything please let me know.

Betty
    Old 01-09-2011, 03:38 PM

thank you ladies for the links