Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Anyone else on a budget? >
  • Anyone else on a budget?

• Anyone else on a budget?

Old 03-07-2011, 06:30 AM

I am on a fix income due to disability so I am very limited and my stash is proof of that very very little.
    Old 03-07-2011, 06:37 AM

Ha! I thought I was the only one on a fabric budget. I am glad to know that there are someone else on one also. I had been sewing since 6th grade. In high school I made my all my dresses and formals. Call it quits for a while, when I got my first grandbaby I went back but also tackling embroidery. When I got my new embroidery machine I went crazy and the bill went up$$$$$$$$$. So,I have to put myself on a budget also. When my amount is gone for the month. O! WELL, just wait until next month also.
    Old 03-07-2011, 06:42 AM

Being a student I have to watch where every penny goes. I dont like it but thats just how it is. But having two jobs allows me to eat haha! This economy is tough and I've had a daughter move back home. She's looking for a job but its getting tight around here. I'm thankful that I collected tons of fabric before I went back to school or I'd be going bonkers without my "therapy".
    Old 03-07-2011, 06:46 AM

budget-yes.I hang out laundry to dry in the summer,we grow a huge garden to save on food.I hardly ever drive out of town unless a necessity.we burn wood for heat,eat as cheaply but healthy as we can.that leaves me fabric,thread and batting money.we also do not turn on lights unless we are working on something-watch tv in the dark.all kinds of ways to cut corners if you think about it.
    Old 03-07-2011, 06:48 AM

We are both on SS so yes we are limited and since we both have high doctors and med bills it is even more so. I used to be able to buy something if I saw it but no more. Ihave to budget to get what I need.
    Another member on here that I was fortunate enough to meet last week (Gramma) helped me out with a color I needed to finish up a project I was working on. She has some fantastic quilts that I told her she needs to show all of you.
    Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 AM

I opened a checking account separate from the joint account I have with my husband. I get a monthly stipend that is mine to spend however I want--guilt free. When it's gone, I'm done until pay day. I have a debit card and my own credit card, but I stick to the amount I have in my account. This money is for things I want, but don't necessarily need. I don't use it for necessities. That comes from the joint account.
    Old 03-07-2011, 07:30 AM

DH took me to LQS for my birthday and I had to drag him out. He's very supportive, takes pics of all my quilts, braggs about them, and says when he retires he's gonna quilt with me.
    Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Bernie942
    DH took me to LQS for my birthday and I had to drag him out. He's very supportive, takes pics of all my quilts, braggs about them, and says when he retires he's gonna quilt with me.
    That is so sweet...you have been blessed!
    Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 AM

Please let us know if that works for you. You know the spring line is coming out!!!
    Old 03-07-2011, 07:39 AM

I definitly need to, I just can't seem to comprehend money and buget. I am posting here to make this to go back and read every page later!