Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
arranging printed quilt patterns >

arranging printed quilt patterns

arranging printed quilt patterns

Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 AM

Default arranging printed quilt patterns

When I was going through some things the other day, I found tons of printed quilt patterns. I plan to buy a notebook to arrange then in so that I can flip through and find the ones I want pretty easily. Does anyone have a better way to store these patterns for later use?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:17 AM

I find binders take up too much room. If you have the room, they will work great for you. Otherwise, I use file folders and file by type. Store them in regular file cabinets.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

I put mine in a binder using the "sheet protectors" I get cheaper at Walmart (in the office supply section).
Old 03-22-2015, 08:24 AM
Banned

I do the same thing with my quilt patterns that I used to do with beading patterns. I use dividers to separate patterns into catagories such as baby quilts, wall hangings, star patterns, looks easy, looks hard-maybe someday, etc.

Cari
Old 03-22-2015, 10:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I put mine in a binder using the "sheet protectors" I get cheaper at Walmart (in the office supply section).
This is how I do mine also.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
I do this too. I have 4 of the binders filled and still print more patterns. I have to print them out when I see them, otherwise if I save them on my computer, I can't find them again.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:28 AM

I also save mine in binders with sheet protectors. If I find something in a magazine that I really want to make will make copies and put them in the binders. Once I finish making the project will put them in a different binder of finished items. That way I can find them faster by doing it this way. Use divider pages for the different types of projects i.e baby quilts, table runners, table toppers, bed size and lap throws. Makes it so much easier for me to find.
Old 03-22-2015, 04:27 PM
Power Poster

i have some binders too but need to go through them once a year when my tastes change and toss what no longer interests me.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:03 PM

Like many of you, I keep them in binders with page protectors that I get at Walmart. I go through them once in awhile and throw out the ones that don't interest me any more. I also print the ones that interest me since I can never find them again. We must be related.lol
Sue
Old 03-22-2015, 05:22 PM

For printed patterns, I also use a binder with the sheet protectors and divided into categories: baby, bargello, stars, etc.
For those on the Internet I save in a folder, as well. The main heading is "quilting". These are also sub-divided into other folders in the same way: blocks of the month (by year), kitchen (with its sub-divisions: pot holders, table runners), etc.
I have far more saved than I will ever complete in my lifetime, and when they are saved on the computer, no printing is required.