Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Brother PE 500 >
  • Brother PE 500

• Brother PE 500

Old 11-27-2014, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by G'ma Kay
    I have to wonder why Brother would put their name on something inferior?
    You can bet that manufacturers do not put their names on products that are inferior. I was waiting for someone to use a little sense! I spoke with several fabric manufacturers several years ago about the recurring false information that nationally known companies make one fabric for WalMart and another for all other retailers. Everyone of them said essentially the same things: (1) We can't afford separate plants/production lines for WalMart and (2) We can't afford to put our names on products that are inferior no matter which retailers sells them. "I never cease to be amazed," one of them told me, "what people believe to be true even when it is completely unreasonable and when we try to tell them the truth." While this is not an issue to go to war over, I would not hesitate for a minute to buy a brand name product from WalMart or KMart. Some of the best items I have ever had came from those places. froggyintexas
    Old 11-27-2014, 03:55 PM
    Power Poster

Well stated, froggyintexas.
    Old 11-27-2014, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I've been watching youtube videos of the Brother PE 500 in use. The word princess was embroidered so it does do words although it may take rehooping or something. I don't know anything about machine embroidery. Didn't watch the whole thing. When the kids get here to eat Thanksgiving supper I can probably talk my DD into going with me.

You can get a bigger hoop to avoid rehooping. I think it is a 4 x 7 hoop. You have to use software to split your design somehow if it's a bigger design.
    Old 11-27-2014, 09:24 PM

The only way I could break my first Brother machine, bought from Walmart for $89 8 years ago, 60 stitches, was to accidentally drop it on it's head while we were traveling. I really abused that little machine and it just kept going. Maybe it fell out of the car so it could get some rest!