Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Cincinnati? >

Cincinnati?

Cincinnati?

Old 04-12-2012, 02:34 AM

Default Cincinnati?

Is anyone going to the show this week? I have a chance to go, but wondered what to expect. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:44 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/offline...w-t185463.html

Check it out!

What to expect

- hurting feet from all that walk
- empty wallet (so much to buy, so little money left)
- meeting likewise minded people
- brain going into overdrive, so much to take in
- no need to worry about calories from the food that they serve, you'll walk it off!

endresult

Now you are even more inspired than before, you'll want to drive home and run to your sewing machine right away.

Ideas jump up and you'll want to try to copy some of what you have seen.

You daydream about all those wonderful quilts you have seen and can't wait to go back until next year!

It's been a wonderful experience for me last year, tiring but glad I did it. I'll go again this year.

Last edited by lovingmama; 04-12-2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:37 AM

I was supposed to go to this great show on a bus trip - but there were not enough quilters sign up - so the trip had to be cancelled. I was disappointed - because I have heard that this is a super show. Enjoy yourself, and do tell us all about your trip.

Sue
Old 04-12-2012, 05:26 AM

I hope you decided to go. I went last year and as lovingmama said it was wonderful! tons of vendors and more quilts than you can imagine. I also go to the show in Columbus each June and that's a great show too! Can't really do either of them in one day they are so big!
Old 04-12-2012, 05:59 AM

Expect to go more than one day. There is SOOO much to take in that is easy to get on overload . When it was in Chicago I went all three days , that way I could stroll at my own pace , and not feel rushed to see it all. There is so much to see in the exibition part and then in the vendor section. My best advise .. go on preview night and get to the vendors, leave the quilts for the next day. The vendor section can get really crowed and on vendor night there are alot less people you can really see the booths. I also found I was more selective with my purchases as there was so much less pressure to make a decision and keep moving.
DO take a map and be diligent in marking and making notes about ones you want to return to, as you think you will remember what booth and where it is .. but there is so much you will get frustrated trying to find a specific vendor .
Take photos where you can , There are so many quilts in the exibition and some great ones in the vendor area your mind will swim with so much inspiration. The photos will help you to remember the colors that had the biggest impact on you. Probably the most influential part of the show for me was the incredible use of color(s). It helped me to get out of my boring phase.
The biggest suggestion and I can not stress this enough .. go more than one day .. so you can relax and really take it all in.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:05 AM

I would so much like to go but can't. I hope somebody takes lots of pictures and shares .....
To those of you who do go, have fun and enjoy !!!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:08 PM

Thanks so much!