Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Coroplast at Home Depot >
  • Coroplast at Home Depot

• Coroplast at Home Depot

Old 01-18-2012, 02:31 PM
    Power Poster

I fold all of my fabrics with a 24" Ruler and stack it in my 48 x 72" cabinet, on shelves. It really works great for me. I can get it all in there like that.
    Old 01-18-2012, 02:55 PM

Ok I went over to Home Depot to check out this coroplast. I have never seen it nor the items that they sell on line for us to use to store our material. But I was very curious. It took us about 10 min, with an employee helping me to find it. LOL. No one had an idea what it was. I couldn't describe it because I didn't know what it looked like. I sorta of had an idea of what it should be like so we went on that. We found it in the window dept. LOL. So I am going to try this. I think that it will be so much nicer and better storage then my bin.
    Old 01-18-2012, 03:13 PM

Don't forget that if you can wait until November, there will be hundreds (thousands?) of obsolete political signs made of coroplast all around town, just waiting to be disposed of.

Or you could start early and collect signs from your favorite candidate's opponent.

Tate
    Old 01-18-2012, 04:13 PM

I have nothing Local for comic stores or sign stores or anything really......we dont even have grocery store in our town....sad I know, but anyways.......I contacted via email a Sign Store and they said they sell their 4' x 8' for $25 I thought that was high? So I am reading now their are different thicknesses? I might have to get back ahold of them to see........all you ladies are soooo clever! I went to Home Depo today and didn't find anything.....but maybe becasue I to did not know what I was looking for....lol
    Old 01-18-2012, 04:46 PM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

Originally Posted by Tartan
    Thankyou Jacquie for the reminder that cardboard is not acid free. I looked up on the GLQC website and it said to cover cardboard with muslin, tin foil or acid free tissue. It also warned about using plastic to store fabric as the harmful vapors can deterioate fabric.
    then what is safe to store my cut squares and blocks in?
    Old 01-18-2012, 05:00 PM

Check out any of the large home supply stores for the Coroplast. Rona sells it here in both half sheets, and 4'x8' sheets - and they come in a few colours. Look for them in the area where plexiglass is sold. They're easy to cut with an old seam ripper- just put the prong part in the hollow corrugated part and zip up the entire length of the sheet. Fold it in half and zip up the other side of that hollow tube. They you only have to cut across the grain in short lengths.
    Old 01-18-2012, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tate_elliott
    Don't forget that if you can wait until November, there will be hundreds (thousands?) of obsolete political signs made of coroplast all around town, just waiting to be disposed of.

Or you could start early and collect signs from your favorite candidate's opponent.

Tate
    Now that is funny! The image of multitudes of quilters skulking in the shadows of night to steal political signs!
    Old 01-18-2012, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by ncredbird
    Colorplast is still much more expensive than simply purchasing styrofoam board. I purchase it at my Dollar Tree store for 1.00 a sheet and get 10 boards out of each one. It comes in a 20"X30" sheet. They are strong enough to do the job and I have never cut my hand on them as I have done with the sharp edges of Colorplast. It is acid free also.
    Ann in TN
    In which dept. of Dollar Tree did you find the styrofoam board? Thanks.
    Old 01-18-2012, 08:17 PM

This is what I use. Cheap and gets the job done.

Originally Posted by ncredbird
    Colorplast is still much more expensive than simply purchasing styrofoam board. I purchase it at my Dollar Tree store for 1.00 a sheet and get 10 boards out of each one. It comes in a 20"X30" sheet. They are strong enough to do the job and I have never cut my hand on them as I have done with the sharp edges of Colorplast. It is acid free also.
    Ann in TN
    Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 PM

In the school supply dept.