Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Cutting your own EPP papers? >
  • Cutting your own EPP papers?

• Cutting your own EPP papers?

Old 08-21-2014, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by sewplease
    The XL Fiskars punch cuts hexies with 1" sides.
    And it gives you a generous fold-over. The mylar templates I had ordered didn't give me enough of a seam line that my hands would cramp trying to hold the seam down to take my basting stitches.

onebyone mentioned the Fiskars punch and I PM'd her and she gave me the information I needed to order my punch. I'm teaching an EPP class next year and really needed some way to make a bunch of templates for my class.
    Old 08-21-2014, 05:28 AM

I totally agree..fiskar XL punch is great for cutting out EPP templates........I too hope someone in their corp gets the brilliant idea to make more designs.........let's " help" them along!
    Old 08-21-2014, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by misseva
    And it gives you a generous fold-over. The mylar templates I had ordered didn't give me enough of a seam line that my hands would cramp trying to hold the seam down to take my basting stitches.

onebyone mentioned the Fiskars punch and I PM'd her and she gave me the information I needed to order my punch. I'm teaching an EPP class next year and really needed some way to make a bunch of templates for my class.
    Fold over? I use it to cut the pepper piece not the fabric.....

Regarding your first comment about the plastic templates being skimpy on seam allowance...I found that true with the new GO die...great for the paper template, bad for the fabric cut hexie...gave up on it, but went to PaperPieces.com...and bought their plastic template for cutting out the fabric.....very reasonably priced and the seam allowance is generous...even though I glue baste, still like a lot of fold over......jmho
    Old 08-21-2014, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B
    Fold over? I use it to cut the pepper piece not the fabric.....

Regarding your first comment about the plastic templates being skimpy on seam allowance...I found that true with the new GO die...great for the paper template, bad for the fabric cut hexie...gave up on it, but went to PaperPieces.com...and bought their plastic template for cutting out the fabric.....very reasonably priced and the seam allowance is generous...even though I glue baste, still like a lot of fold over......jmho
    Yes, I use the Fiscar Punch to cut my template and my Go! to cut out my fabric. When you use the two together, the Fiscar punched template is small enough to give me a generous fold-over when I cut my cloth hexies with my Go! The mylar templates were (in my opinion) about 1/8" to large to use with the middle hexie on my Go! die in order to have a good amount of seam allowance (or fold over),