Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Dooooh....stupid >
  • Dooooh....stupid

• Dooooh....stupid

Old 05-29-2010, 06:26 PM

Every Friday when housecleaning, I vacuum my sewing machines with a micro vacuum attachment kit. I purchased the kit at a computer store since it is made for computers' keyboards. With the various attachments I'm able to probe into the machine and clear out all those tiny pieces of thread, lint and who knows what else. I also use a chenille stick to go around my bobbin case and feed dogs. Both my Janomes hum their thanks. Belles
    Old 05-29-2010, 07:09 PM

thanks for the reminder Belles. I have one of those kits and need to get it out and dust it off. I usually use canned air.
    Old 05-30-2010, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by eleu16
    Originally Posted by jojo47
    Originally Posted by Charlee
    Originally Posted by garysgal
    Eleu16-You're in Boseman?? I'm outside Stevensville...
    Yes I live in Bozeman since April last year...but I have no idea where Stevensville is....close by ?...I have to look into the map....
    yes was looking into google earth...it is almost 4 h away....do you know Bozeman ?
    I used to manage the Lucky Lil's in Three Forks! (Also the ones in Townsend and White Sulpher Springs) Kinda miss the Bozeman area!
    I live in Bozeman a little bit more than a year...and of course I like the 4 quiltshops in Bozeman an the one in Belgrade...my favortie shop is Quilting in the country.

:-D
    eleu16, I'm glad you found the problem was a simple fix. In case you DO have a serious need for a Janome service person, there is one in Big Sky. How does a Minnesotan know? My sister, who works part-time at QIC, told me. Also, when I was out there for a visit last summer, there was a spiffy Janome on display at QIC. Perhaps you can ask for more details the next time you stop in there.
    Thanks a lot for the informations , jojo47...I hope with often cleaning the machine I won't have further problems...but you never know
    Eleu16, I apologize...I told you the Janome servicer was in Big Sky...I meant Big Timber :oops: ! That's still only about an hour away from Bozeman, but as I said, check with the girls at QIC. They'll know for sure...
    Old 05-30-2010, 12:15 PM

I use a chenille pipe cleaner on mine, about every 5th bobbin, sometimes more often.
    Old 10-04-2011, 03:53 PM

yes! There is a wick under the bobbin case, you must remove the bobbin case to see it. That should be oiled regularly! Check out the yahoo group for Janome 6500-6600, there are implicit instructions in their files. Please do this right away, you could have serious problems if you don't.
    Michelle