Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Gertie is home!! >

Gertie is home!!

Gertie is home!!

Old 07-14-2008, 11:33 AM

Woohoo! I picked up Gertie, my Designer 1, from the sewing machine doc on Saturday, and we've spent the last couple of days getting re-acquainted :D I know I was thinking of selling her (I was really mad at the dealer) but now - I'm way to much in luv! She is sewing like she was always meant to, and the difference is phenomenal.

The repair guy really, really took mercy on me - only $83 in labor and she's been there since 5/6. He fixed all the out of whack adjustments and replaced a boatload of parts. She zipped right thru some Free Standing Lace designs at full speed and didn't even blink :thumbup: I can now do a perfect scant quarter-inch seam without the fabric fishtailing!

I'd be perfectly happy - but someone needs to tie my hand behind my back, really. I keep reaching for the presser foot lever and Gertie doesn't have one! (Yes, you can sure mentally picture me reaching for a non-existent presser-foot lever - and laugh hard, 'cuz its funny!) I've been doing all my piecing on the smaller machine, and got back into the habit of reaching for that danged lever :roll:

Since the WIP's I have were started on the other machine, I should finish them on it as well. So I'm off to find a new project :D
Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 AM

Glad to hear it. Is this the machine that was damaged in delivery? Did they pay for repairs? glad to hear it now does its thing :D
Old 07-14-2008, 11:49 AM

woooooohoooooo welcome back gertie !!!!!!! sounds like everyone is happy now !!!!!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:11 PM

Wooohoooooooooo!!! Like finding a comfy pair of slippers isn't it!!
Old 07-14-2008, 12:39 PM

Welcome home Gertie. Sounds like you have really been missed. :wink:
Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 PM

Awww congrats Roben!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:43 AM

whoooohoooo nothing like a good machine....but get them wip's done and you can work with Gertie.......tooo late huhhh... :D :lol: :D :wink:
Old 07-15-2008, 05:47 AM

I did miss her, that's for sure! She had to have repairs that the dealer I bought her from missed before they sold it to me Ruth :cry:

I played with a little paper piecing yesterday. I still need that hand tied behind my back! DH is laughing his butt off at me - he hasn't gotten to do any of his sewing on her, and has zero sympathy for my non-existent lever problem. He kept watching out of the corner of his eye, waiting to pounce with a snicker :lol:

It feels so good to find some humor in the whole deal, it really does. C'mon, admit it - you're thinking of me reaching for the non-existent lever and laughing too!! Don't let DH have all the fun - it'll go to his head!!
Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 AM

I bet you feel like its a brand new toy!!! So glad this story finally had a happy ending for you and Gertie!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:55 PM

Happy Dance! I'm so glad Gertie's back!

I know what you mean about the lever, only my problem was in the car. I learned on a stick to drive, and when I got into a van that was an automatic, my arm kept reaching for the nonexistent stick between the seats! You're right, it IS funny!