Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I bit the Bullet >

I bit the Bullet

I bit the Bullet

Old 10-31-2021, 07:43 AM

Default I bit the Bullet

Yesterday, I bought me a 16" JANOME LONG ARM MACHINE, and a Handy Quilter 5 foot frame with all the bells and whistles..
I am so excited and it should be here in about 2 weeks...coming from Utah to Texas, should not be any problem...I have been looking for a small long arm since my new sewing room would only have room for the size I got..I can do pantographs on the back and sit down to quilt if I want too..the business was so friendly and helpful...I got a free $300 for shopping there, and they gave me good discounts on the frame, and the roll up bar..etc..and the extras...
I had longarmed for a friend of mine that had a fabric shop and I did most of the longarm business..for her, till she closed her shop..due to her age, I got my quilts done free, and all the fabric that I needed..I only did some free hand and the rest was pantographs...I even drew up several patterns to use..which I kelp when she closed..
I stayed in my home for 2-1/2 years after my dear DH passed Nov. 1st, 2018..we had been in our home for 56 years, I sold it last April and my youngest daughter and hubby built a new home and a suite ( bedroom, bath and sewing room ) for me..so my new sewing room is great, and now I will have a long arm to complete the room..so excited..I only piece one quilt at a time, do not have several quilts going, which I contribute to my OCD..My new room is posted on Facebook...I have my mother-in-laws Singer treadle, my daughters mother-in-laws singer 301 in cabinet..I have my mothers featherweight, my son-in-law's mother in laws featherweight, and I have the white featherweight that I found at a garage sale for $25 several years ago..sorry the post is long..just wanted to share my good news...have a blessed day..
Old 10-31-2021, 07:57 AM

Lucky you. I also have a White Featherweight but I paid more than $25 for it. I love it though and it is worth every penny (dollar).
Old 10-31-2021, 08:01 AM

It sounds like it's been quite a slog for the past few years and you are finally back to *living*. Congratulations on your purchase and I wish I was closer so you could teach me how to longarm!
Old 10-31-2021, 08:21 AM

Congrats on the new sewing room and long arm. Sounds like you'll be able to sew/quilt to your heart's content!

Old 10-31-2021, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

Congratulations on this new chapter in your life!
Old 10-31-2021, 01:54 PM
Power Poster

Sak, that's wonderful! Hope you have a lot of fun!
Old 11-01-2021, 03:59 AM

Good for you! Rejoicing with you and have fun!
Old 11-01-2021, 05:16 AM

Congratulations on your new set up, I am sure you will be anxious to get back to doing what you love, sew exciting!
Old 11-01-2021, 05:47 AM

I am so happy for you and your good news and things, thanks for sharing!

The last couple of years have been longer and harder than most anyway, we all need some good news and drooling over long arms
Old 11-01-2021, 06:50 AM

Congratulations on your new set-up. May you enjoy every minute of quilting with it!