Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Janome MC6600P Problem >
  • Janome MC6600P Problem

• Janome MC6600P Problem

Old 07-17-2019, 01:05 PM

Default Janome MC6600P Problem

For those with this machine, please help me troubleshoot why I cannot lower the presser foot to the platform of the machine. I haven't sewn for over a year, ordered/installed another foot holder after losing mine in a move last summer, and have a project to complete by July 25. I last used the dual-feed foot and removed it and swung the other part up and back. When the pressure bar is in the down position, it is still 1/2" above the flat surface. Help....I'm doing something probably very silly and simple. Many thanks!
    Old 07-17-2019, 01:10 PM

I don't have your machine model but did you receive the correct part for your machine? Check the accessory box as there may be an extender piece for your machine shank.

I have a short piece and a regular piece to screw on. My echo foot doesn't work on the regular piece and needed the extender piece. Hope that helps!
    Old 07-17-2019, 01:16 PM

From what I read in your owners manual, you have an extra "up" position that raises the foot higher than normal. I am thinking that when you lower your foot with the lever, you're not actually lowering it all of the way because you started out with it in the highest position.Try lowering it one more level...see if that helps. Page 5 in your manual.
    Old 07-17-2019, 06:07 PM

In spite of the company's tech support verification, it appears that I have the wrong part. It looks different than in the manual.
    Old 07-18-2019, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by donna13350
    From what I read in your owners manual, you have an extra "up" position that raises the foot higher than normal. I am thinking that when you lower your foot with the lever, you're not actually lowering it all of the way because you started out with it in the highest position.Try lowering it one more level...see if that helps. Page 5 in your manual.
    I have the Janome 6600MC and I agree with Donna. You do have a very high extra upper position of your presser foot and you possibly need to lower it one more time. Good luck