Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Looking at my stash with new eyes. >
  • Looking at my stash with new eyes.

• Looking at my stash with new eyes.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:42 PM

I was in the attic tonight to get the christmas ornaments. My poor tree is still undecorated. I spy boxes of fabric from another lifetime(mine in a different house). Oh with my new ideas from the board I see all sorts of fabric for an OBW.
    Old 12-21-2010, 07:44 PM
    Power Poster

Your poor tree matches my poor tree lol
    We have lights on it though. GRRRR
    Old 12-21-2010, 07:51 PM

We decorated our tree last year with 'old fashioned' ornaments. We used 'curly ribbon' and lights. My great-nephew felt sorry for our tree and convinced his grandmother to buy some ornaments from the Dollar Store. I went to Walmart and bought a 2 yard piece of Christmas fabric and wrapped it around the tree stand. It didn't look toooo bad. We got lots of comments (not compliments, comments!)

After Christmas, the fabric joined my stash. The tree is up again this year, but I couldn't find any curly ribbon...
    Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 PM

No tree here. I got lazy and my nephew had given me some of those glas blocks with mini lights in them. Gosh they are so pretty I put a white table cloth on the coffeetable under the pic window with my cards surrounding it, voila! Instant Christmas. I hung my great big stocking on the front stoop, it about filled it up. Boy I'm ready for that fat guy in the red suit. ANDDDDDDDdd, weather man said tonight we will probably have some snow, rain/snow mix. Hey, enjoy your Christmas even if you had to draw a tree with baubbles on the wall, It's YOUR CHRISTMAS, too! Merry christmas, y'all. Sorry to intrude. I love finding things I put back. I'm digging in mine in a minute!
    Old 12-22-2010, 01:19 AM

our tree came with fiber optic lights.. in many colors.. I swore I was gonna decorated it proper this year.. so far it's still the way it came out of the box.... I have better things to do .. .like troll the quilt board and sew... smile
    Old 12-22-2010, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    Your poor tree matches my poor tree lol
    We have lights on it though. GRRRR
    Ladies.....Santa won't be happy with a Naked tree :oops:
    Old 12-22-2010, 03:22 AM

Our poor tree has no ornaments either - but that is a function of having three kids under the age of three! The ornaments wouldn't survive! Fortunately the tree came with lights, so it looks a little festive and the kids love playing IN it. :roll: The branches are a little bent.

On the other hand, my tree now has a lovely quilted tree skirt....
    Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 AM

I do have ornaments, lights, and a beautiful quilted tree skirt but... no tree! We always have a real tree but haven't got it yet because the weather here has been horrible - winds up to 100+ km/hr (65 mph) and horizontal rain.

We give thanks that it isn't snow! ;)
    Old 12-22-2010, 04:29 AM

had a first at my house this year! DH decorated the tree. He did a great job. He also put up the Christmas Village and the boughs of greenery around the fireplace, AND arranged somehow through a miracle to get the fireplace repair guy over here today so we can have the gas fire going on Christmas. I, um hung the stockings :-)

What do I want for Christmas? nothing, have everything I could ever want with the wonderful guy I am lucky enough to call my hubby.
    Old 12-22-2010, 04:38 AM

Glad to hear I am not the only one and don't think we'll get a tree this year. Don't feel sorry for me I have realized that I don't have time to get one up and I have a new kittie...half grown..that would swing from the top of it. My husband and I have both had the "crud" virus going around and I have one quilt that has no quilting...trying to decide how to speed through this one without making a mess. Will be leaving Christmas Eve to spend the night with son and family then return after gift opening to take care of my mom for the day. We will probably spend that day at my sis's who has a ton of kids and grands coming for the day. So, all in all, I just won't have time and don't have the umph to get it done. There's always next year....LOL