Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company >

Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company

Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company

Old 05-19-2014, 04:07 AM

Default Obsessed with Missouri Star Quilt Company

I have heard of this company but I guess I didn't pay it much attention. I am obsessed with watching their videos on youtube and have learned some great techniques. I also love their daily deals on their website. Can anyone explain the quilters cash? I'm not exactly sure how it works.

Does anyone else feel the same about the Missouri Star Quilt Company?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:16 AM
Power Poster

Sorry, I am not on the bandwagon. I have an older computer and I have to be careful where I go. I saw her for the first time on an older episode of F&P and she is certainly FULL of enthusiasm. Guess it must be a generational thing. I learned to quilt from classes held in a LQS with one on one experience with a quilt teacher.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:32 AM

Smile

I love her videos also and the daily deals. I wouldn't get to the level of obsession, but I do love her quilts and the way she simplifies many things. As far as the quilters' cash, it is credits that is actually money that you can apply to your next purchase. If you have fifty credits, the next time you buy a daily deal, for instance, that costs $2.50, you can apply the fifty credits to the $2.50, and it will only cost you $2. I also subscribe to her new magazine BLOCK, and it is great having many of her online patterns in booklet form. I love her videos, but I'm from the old school (age probably) that prefers something in booklet form when I'm making it.
Old 05-19-2014, 04:40 AM

I'm obsessed with them too!!! From their MB's, to their tutorials and patterns, to their shop... I'm hooked!! I've watched Jenny's videos over and over, and even signed up to take her Craftsy Classes. I've learned so much from watching her... I feel like I can tackle anything

That being said.... I've placed two (large) orders with them and found they have excellent customer service. I've got another (extra large) order sitting in my cart for some projects for Christmas. Just love it there!

Oh, the Quilter's Cash is a rewards program they have. You earn 3% of your purchase price (not including shipping/tax) in points. You keep accumulating points and when you're ready to spend, each point is worth $0.01 (so 501 points = $5.01 discount). Hope that makes sense
Old 05-19-2014, 05:06 AM

making an exploding block quilt now...love the videos...next the disappearing pin wheel LOL
Old 05-19-2014, 05:29 AM

I love watching Jenny's videos, and I enjoy the "daily deal". Sometimes I even buy it. I subscribe to the new magazine also. Her enthusiasm is contagious.
Sue
Old 05-19-2014, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

I order from MSQ all the time. The prices are good and shipping is low. Jenny's videos are fun to watch. I can stream online video to my tv so I can sew and watch in my sewing room.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:47 AM
Power Poster

I have the app on my iPad so I can see what new videos are available. Today I believe it's a Tumbler Purse. Jenny rocks!!
Old 05-19-2014, 05:48 AM

Their forum is also interesting to follow. Lots of questions asked and answered, general support given and tons of pictures in the show and tell section. I check the forum at least twice a day....huh....wonder if this contributes to not getting enough done :-)
Old 05-19-2014, 06:31 AM

I just received my first order from there, and I love them already! Great customer service, seems like good people! Love that and the daily deal and five dollar shipping.