Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Pre-wound Bobbins for Handi Quilter 16 >
  • Pre-wound Bobbins for Handi Quilter 16

• Pre-wound Bobbins for Handi Quilter 16

Old 11-01-2013, 01:12 PM

Default Pre-wound Bobbins for Handi Quilter 16

I have a question about pre-wound bobbins for the Handi Quilter 16. I just visited the Filtec booth at the Houston International Quilt Festival to buy thread and decided to purchase their pre-wound M bobbins.

The man said to be sure and remove the anti backlash spring inside the bobbin casing before inserting the pre-wound bobbin.

I looked inside my bobbin casing and cannot figure out if it has an anti backlash spring. Can anyone help me with this?
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by KathyC9511; 11-01-2013 at 01:17 PM.
    Old 11-01-2013, 01:18 PM

My Gammill has one that lies flat against the bottom of the bobbin case. That said, you may need to call your dealer because I'm not sure where/if yours has one....logically. it should. But reality? Call your dealer or maybe someone will come along who has the HQ and can tell you.
    Old 11-01-2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by KathyC9511
    I have a question about pre-wound bobbins for the Handi Quilter 16. I just visited the Filtec booth at the Houston International Quilt Festival to buy thread and decided to purchase their pre-wound M bobbins.

The man said to be sure and remove the anti backlash spring inside the bobbin casing before inserting the pre-wound bobbin.

I looked inside my bobbin casing and cannot figure out if it has an anti backlash spring. Can anyone help me with this?
    The flat piece of metal (that is not the actual bobbin case) that is laying in the bottom of your bobbin case ( at least from what I think I can see in your picture) is your backlash spring. I have read where people remove them, but don't have any experience with that personally, as I have not used the pre-filled bobbins of any kind.
    Have you visited the Sweet Sixteen Forum on Yahoo Groups? I'm sure you'd find someone to help you there.

Sorry just noticed you said HQ Sixteen, not HQ Sweet Sixteen. The bobbin case looks the same and we use M bobbins too so.... Handi Quilter website also has a Forum you might find help on.
    Kathy

Last edited by Kwiltr; 11-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Old 11-02-2013, 05:47 AM

Did you also get a spool of the Glide thread to try? Love, love LOVE Glide. It is awesome! I'm in a small guild and there are 4 of us with big machines... all 4 of us are now totally hooked on Glide. If you didn't get a spool to try out, contact them. They sent me one for free to try out - which I passed along to all the big machine owners and now we're all on board with Glide.
    Old 11-02-2013, 06:11 AM

I have the Handi Quilter 16 and use the pre-wound bobbins all the time. Never had to remove anything or change anything. I agree with Kwiltr and would check on the web site first. Good luck.