Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Question about ordering kits from Connecting Threads? >

Question about ordering kits from Connecting Threads?

Question about ordering kits from Connecting Threads?

Old 07-03-2013, 11:04 AM

Default Question about ordering kits from Connecting Threads?

I tried to place an order for a kit from the newest Connecting Threads catalog today. I haven't even had the catalog a week but the kit is already out of stock. This is the third time I've tried to place an order for various kits from their catalog this year and each time, every one of them is out of stock already. When I emailed Customer Service, they said they didn't have enough fabric left to put together the kits. I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any issues trying to place kit orders. Maybe I'm picking really popular kits or I need to place the order as soon as I receive my catalog Their fabrics looks really nice and I keep trying to try them out. I did finally place an order but it was more for accessories stuff. From what I've read on here, their kits are great so hopefully next time I'll be more proactive and place an order that day.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 AM

Well, I ordered the American Celebration quilt kit after I saw it advertised in one of the magazines with a special code and then the catalog came a couple of weeks later with the material on the cover. I got the kit within a week. It had terrific material and there was plenty. There was an error in the size of one of the blocks but they sent me an email letting me know there was an issue (appreciated their quick correction notice and luckily had not started the quilt yet) and I am currently working on the handquilting of it right now. I have also ordered batting and other material from them. Great company!
Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 PM

I ordered something out of stock once, but was able to back order. It only took a couple of weeks, so you might ask about back ordering. Kathy
Old 07-03-2013, 01:05 PM

The new fall line with the grey and sunflowers is beautiful. I think it's my favorite line to date. The table runner hasn't even been released yet. The kit for 9.00 and then backing of 1 yard of fabric for 8 is going to be on my Thanksgiving table for sure.

What about that Christmas swirl table topper! I bet that's a fast seller, too.

I'm glad I'm not the buyer and having to place the order to the factory. The orders are placed 6 to 8 months prior. First the buyer has to pick what is going to be the trend and then demand. To little is just as bad as to much. Since already some of the kits are not available, I wonder how much over all growth they have had too.

If you can't get a kit, can you still order the parts?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:35 AM

I've asked to be notified on some items that were sold out and it was only about 1 or 2 weeks wait. I love their thread. Great sales, fast shipping, and wonderful customer service!

Not too crazy about their charm packs, though. Cuts were ragged and off-grain and even a little miss-sized (guess I'm spoiled by Moda's cute charm packs).
Old 07-04-2013, 05:07 AM

Must be I'm just taking too long to place my order. icul8rg8r, now you have me worried because I just ordered 2 charm packs! I love the ones from Moda but haven't really tried anyone else's.

Thanks for the responses! Happy Fourth!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Must be I'm just taking too long to place my order. icul8rg8r, now you have me worried because I just ordered 2 charm packs! I love the ones from Moda but haven't really tried anyone else's.

Thanks for the responses! Happy Fourth!
Heather - let me know how your charm packs are - I'm contemplating contacting them to see if what I receivedis normal. Their's do not have pinking which may be why it looks ragged? My neighbor said she prefers straight cuts instead of pinking - so we'll see once I use them! I love their marbled solids and thought charms would be the perfect way to see how they looked (and to match up perfectly instead of guessing and hoping I picked the right shade). They ARE really beautiful and at their prices, will probably order all my blending fabrics fromConnecting Threads!