Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Magazines ?? >
  • Quilting Magazines ??

• Quilting Magazines ??

Old 02-23-2014, 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone
    I didn't renew any of the quilt magazines this year. I have had them all over the years. I did subscribe to Missouri Star Quilt Co new magazine Block. The first issue is coming out this month!
    I did the same thing!
    Old 02-23-2014, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by FURBALLS
    My favorite magazine is American Patchwork & Quilting. They have a variety and also show different color schemes and the quilting for each piece.
    That is the magazine that I subscribe to also. I use to get them ALL at one time but this magazine is still my favorite. I also buy on the newsstand every season the "Quilt Sampler" where they highlight 10 quilt shops in each issue. I wish the offered that buy subscription but they don't.
    Old 02-23-2014, 02:40 PM

When I first started quilting I looked at all of the magazines in the stores and I almost always found myself buying American Patchwork and Quilting. I asked for a subscription for Christmas two years ago and have liked it so much that I asked to have it renewed the past two years. I like that it gives patterns for every skill level and color variations for each pattern. Even the ones that seem too advanced for me (translation: well beyond my patience level) still give me ideas to incorporate into other quilts. And sometimes I just NEED those that are below my ability so I can prepare a quick gift, or simply because I need something I can have fun with after a particularly frustrating project. I haven't outgrown it yet. LOL!

Donna
    Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by lclang
    I subscribed to Missouri Star Quilt Co's Block. I dropped all my other subscriptions long ago because they are mostly ads and old patterns done over in new fabric lines.
    Thanks again for all the input. I see that this Missouri one is popular.... what makes it so interesting? or is it a new publication ?
    Old 02-24-2014, 10:58 AM

Quilt It Today has been out for a few months and I like it really well. It is published by a different publisher than others. I have gotten so I won't get anything that is published by Fons and Porter. Anymore they own is all the major quilt mags. They have gone in and bought up everything and I think that is terrible. You should try Quilt It Today. It is different.