Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Quilting Planner >
  • Quilting Planner

• Quilting Planner

Old 01-02-2020, 01:31 PM
    Power Poster

I think if you love to journal, you will use a planner.
    Old 01-02-2020, 01:57 PM

I don't use one but I do improvise and make one of my own. I use a small Mead, Cambridge Business notebook that's 9 1/2 x 5 3/8 with 80 sheets. The front of each page is lined like notebook paper and the back has quarter inch grid on it. It's perfect for notes, planning and keeping a list of projects. I have even made a reusable quilted cover for it to make it easy to take to meetings.
    Old 01-02-2020, 04:07 PM

I downloaded a free one on my iPad called Quiltful. You can load your project, add pictures and check off your completed task on each quilt. Have only done one quilt so far, but it looks pretty nice and it’s free. It’s on Apple and Google Play from what I can see.
    Old 01-02-2020, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Joan in AK
    Patchwork Posse also has a set of planning pages to download for free.

https://www.patchworkposse.com/16-da...er-printables/
    That's the one that I downloaded not too long ago and printed off. So far, it's doing a great job keeping me organized with my future quilt designs and it's loaded down with a lot of goodies that I think will help me in the long run. The biggest goodie for me are the fabric tags, I used to just take the information from the selvage edge and cut that off and put it in a file folder, but that jumped up and bit me not too long ago and I may have to completely scrap a quilt I was working on because I can't find the fabric anywhere. Having the fabric tags, it'll actually force me to use them and will save a lot of heartache in the future.

I did have one a while back but it just wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I took the best from that and the best from Patchwork Posse and meshed the two together. Everyone is going to have different organizational ideas, so don't restrict yourself to what you find. Meshing organizers together will definitely help in the long run, it's helped me out quite a bit.