Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Saw pics of the new Bernina 5 series >
  • Saw pics of the new Bernina 5 series

• Saw pics of the new Bernina 5 series

Old 07-20-2011, 01:02 PM

Looks like there's three of them, 530, 550 and 580. They look like the 3 series and the 4 series smashed together. No more throat space than the 4 series had it appears. Will be interested to hear what about them is better than the 400's. Anyone have any info on that yet?
    Old 07-20-2011, 01:10 PM

No, just got the same photo that you saw, I think, from one of my local dealers. The email just said more info to come. I am getting really tired of this game playing by the various manufacturers. Just give us the details and be done with it!
    Old 07-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by akrogirl
    No, just got the same photo that you saw, I think, from one of my local dealers. The email just said more info to come. I am getting really tired of this game playing by the various manufacturers. Just give us the details and be done with it!
    I feel the same way! Especially when they don't list prices. Pisses me off to go out of my way wasting precious gas to find out that I can't afford to buy a particular machine. Now when I see ads without prices I assume that I can't afford it and move on! ;-)
    Old 07-20-2011, 01:20 PM

Why do some of the machine brands do that (not advertise online or over the phone their prices)? I happened across a website for a quilt shop in the UK the other day and she was a Bernina dealer. All the machines were on her website, with prices and an "add to cart" button. Why is it different for dealers in the US?
    Old 07-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by virtualbernie
    I feel the same way! Especially when they don't list prices. Pisses me off to go out of my way wasting precious gas to find out that I can't afford to buy a particular machine. Now when I see ads without prices I assume that I can't afford it and move on! ;-)
    Me too! I get so annoyed when they try to just entice you to come to the store. I don't have time to waste, so if they don't give me enough information that I know I won't be wasting my time to check it out, I just don't go. I think their strategy is backfiring.
    Old 07-20-2011, 04:08 PM

I think it's for the same reason that you can't call a gas station and ask what their gas prices are. To force you to visit a dealer in person and not comparison shop. That's my guess.
    Old 07-21-2011, 03:03 AM

My bernina dealer is a long drive from me and it would be nice to go there already knowing the price and not getting there to find out it is not what I guessed.If I want something I will do all that Ican to make sure it is what I really want and not knowing the price makes me not that interested