• Main
  • Singer Futura SEQS-6000 >
  • Singer Futura SEQS-6000

• Singer Futura SEQS-6000

Old 03-10-2014, 04:19 PM

Default Singer Futura SEQS-6000

Comments on this machine, please.
    Old 03-10-2014, 05:25 PM

Personally, I wouldn't buy any kind of new Singer, an old one, yes. If you want a lower end machine, I would go with a Brother or Janome, they have a pretty good reputation, even on the low end, my opinion.
    Old 03-10-2014, 05:40 PM

I agree with everything pocoellie said. I'm afraid you would end up very disappointed if you bought a new Singer.
    Old 03-11-2014, 10:43 AM
    Power Poster

I personally wouldn't buy a modern Singer machine. I did find these reviews on Amazon of what I think is a machine similar to the one you are looking at:
    http://www.amazon.com/XL-550-Compute...ws/B008DM2QBI/
    Old 03-11-2014, 12:21 PM

Run don't walk! My sister bought one from HSN. She couldn't get it to work at all other than to sew. I told her I would help her with the embroidery part. I was staying with her on my vacation so we could go to Quilt Expo. We spent 9 hours trying to get that machine to embroider a built in design! I told her it was not her, it was the machine. We went to quilt Expo and she bought a TOL Brother machine. We brought it home, opened the book, read the instructions and had a onsie embroidered within an hour.

Aside from the fact that it was not at all user friendly, it was also very cheaply made. The thread guides were so bad - they looked like a guide you'd find on a battery operated toy machine. Save your sanity and your money.
    Old 03-11-2014, 04:37 PM

I don't completely disagree with what the others have said about new singers. I had a Singer Futura 350 sewing/embroidery machine for a while and it wouldn't embroider correctly. Eventually I got fed up and told the dealer I either wanted my money back or a machine that worked. They offered to discount a newer model (also Singer) and my husband decided to get it. I've had it about a year and so far I can't complain. It is a Singer xl-400. I only use it for embroidery, or for those times when I need a fancy stitch. I'm sure there are other more capable machines out there, but this one just happened to be within the budget. Maybe I just got lucky this time.
    Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 PM

I have a Futura from a few years ago (150, 250, can't remember) that I bought for a steal. My thought was, if I hated it, I wasn't out the thousands of bucks on an embroidery machine. About six years later and it sews like butter, love it. The embroidery aspect and I are never going to be besties though. As in, I can't even get it to work, let alone do I know if it embroiders nice or not. I have friends with Brothers machines that have no complaints and I'm debating one of those in a couple years.