Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Straight Stitch Machines >
  • Straight Stitch Machines

• Straight Stitch Machines

Old 10-23-2023, 07:59 AM

I ended up getting the Janome HD9, which has a larger throat and speed control. I really enjoy using her.
    Old 10-23-2023, 09:51 AM

I have a Juki 2010Q. It's not a terribly expensive machine in the realm of sewing machines, and I'm quite partial machines that are more metal internally than not. I do have computerized machines, but I predominantly straight stitch or free motion quilt. So I don't really need the extras, because I rarely to never garment sew. Juki has a reputation for being long lasting and a work horse, which was always the appeal for me. It's fairly easy to get repairs on them too if you have a good old fashioned sewing machine repair shop somewhere nearby. I just took mine in for the first repair ever in the near ten years I've owned it, and all that was wrong was a couple of burrs inside where I must've broken a needle somewhere along the way. Other than that just normal oiling and cleaning.

Edited to Add: I just saw your post about getting a Janome - congratulations! I'd love to see pictures!