Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Wave template >
  • Wave template

• Wave template

Old 10-24-2021, 10:31 AM

ummm...I dunno....I have some 6-8 inch smaller rulers that I love to use on my longarm (well not exactly love, I would rather free motion than do ruler work) I had also bought longer rulers thinking that they would work better...about 18 inches...well, I found they actually were harder to use as you need to position the rulers fairly close to the foot and spaces you are actually stitching. I would think, the longer rulers might even be harder to work with on a DSM....I think for marking they may work well...but for actually stitching and doing ruler work...I think the smaller ones are a lot easier to use....Just my opinion.
    Old 10-24-2021, 10:54 AM

Have you tried Sew Steady.com? If you're using a template (ruler) you need a ruler foot unless you plan on just tracing it. In that case it would be cheaper to find a plastic one to just trace.
    Old 10-25-2021, 02:52 AM

It's true that the LilyMarie wave template has been discontinued in the 24" size. However I did get the e-mail address for LilyMarie and sent a note that I'm desperately searching for one. Her response was that she still has a few and will mail me one. Waiting for a PayPal invoice from her now. Thank everyone for your help in finding this ruler!!
    Old 10-25-2021, 04:11 AM

I use the wave from time to time but use the pattern of the quilt as my guide and consider it a version of free motion. Never thought about using one. My results are "acceptable" to "hey, that's not bad". Which is just a tick under my level of meander and stippling.
    Old 10-26-2021, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by juliasb
    I have a wave ruler but it is only about 6" The rulers are designed by Amanda Murphy. They can be used on either DSM or LA.
    Ohhh, I have been looking at her rulers. Have you used this one? I picked up my first quilting ruler last week (I got Slim by Angela Walters). I really liked the look of Amanda Murphy's Every Angle ruler, but it seemed a bit too long for using on a DSM. I am eyeing other rulers from her though. Is her wave ruler shorter? Her website doesn't say how long they are.
    Old 10-26-2021, 06:52 PM

I bought two wave templates from HandiQuilter. One is for a 4” wave and is 8” long (two waves). The other is a 8” wave, and it is 8” long. I don’t like extra long rulers - they get away from me.
    Old 10-26-2021, 07:59 PM

I have the Amanda Murphy Every Wave set. It's $55 to $60 for 6 different waves. That's a pretty good price!