Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
WOW quilt machine >

WOW quilt machine

WOW quilt machine

Old 08-26-2010, 04:15 AM

I am trying to find out about long arm quilting machines that are not so expensive because I have to import it to France. Does anyone have any experience or know something about the WOW Model 3?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:11 AM

I don't have any experience with it at all but a lot of people do like their Wows - they are stretched machines as are most of the mid arms that are out there - Bailey, etc.

There's a yahoogroup called homequiltingsystems and if you ask there or look through their group files - they have a listing of machine owners and their set ups and you can search for that particular machine and find it and contact the person...

I can tell you this much, I have spoken with the Wow folks - they are a husband and wife team - and they are super nice. The guy that makes the machines is nice. There is usually a fairly long wait to actually get one of the machines since he is handicapped and has had some health issues. He makes every one of them which is cool too.

I have a Bailey, which I have yet to use due to fear and time constraints. You might also want to look in to those as well. They are in the same price range and have a pretty big following. There is also another one out there that is a beautiful stretched machine and had it been a little more affordable I would have been all over it. I was very stuck on the idea of being able to use a stitch regulator and decided that I would just pass that whole situation by and get a pcq instead lol. I wish I could remember the name of it. I'm sure someone else here will. They are just gorgeous though.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric
I don't have any experience with it at all but a lot of people do like their Wows - they are stretched machines as are most of the mid arms that are out there - Bailey, etc.

There's a yahoogroup called homequiltingsystems and if you ask there or look through their group files - they have a listing of machine owners and their set ups and you can search for that particular machine and find it and contact the person...

I can tell you this much, I have spoken with the Wow folks - they are a husband and wife team - and they are super nice. The guy that makes the machines is nice. There is usually a fairly long wait to actually get one of the machines since he is handicapped and has had some health issues. He makes every one of them which is cool too.

I have a Bailey, which I have yet to use due to fear and time constraints. You might also want to look in to those as well. They are in the same price range and have a pretty big following. There is also another one out there that is a beautiful stretched machine and had it been a little more affordable I would have been all over it. I was very stuck on the idea of being able to use a stitch regulator and decided that I would just pass that whole situation by and get a pcq instead lol. I wish I could remember the name of it. I'm sure someone else here will. They are just gorgeous though.
Thanks a milion!!! Arleady mailed to WOW about exportcosts.Hug!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:29 AM

Have you looked in to the Bailey? They are out of New York.
It's driving me nuts about not remembering the name of that other machine. It is soooo pretty lol. It looks like a vintage Singer :)
Old 08-26-2010, 05:35 AM

yes I've looked at the Bailey's and I've sent them a mail too. It's not only the shippingcosts but also the voltage, plug etc etc that I have to deal with. But I'll keep on looking and asking and making everybody crazy!!!
I am quilting on a regular sewingmachine now and there's no "space" at all! My DH wants to make the frame for me so I'll do my best to find a machine.....
Thank you, you're very kind. Just relax and than the name of the other one will pop in your mind! That happens to me all the time....
Old 08-26-2010, 06:13 AM

Okay. I don't know what I was thinking.. It's a Homesteader lol.

There is also the Voyager but it is REALLY heavy and would cost a small fortune to ship overseas..
I'm not sure what your budget is on the machine...

If your husband is handy, he can probably stretch a machine for you ya know. There is a pdf in the homequiltingsystems yahoogroup that shows you how to do it yourself so if you are adventurous and have a machine that you can get cheap and want to try it on your own, I would go for it. I would have stretched my own but my husband is not a tool guy and I really shy away from power tools as well lol. If you can pick up a machine super cheap then it's worth a try, aye?

The file is called the purple monster and it walks you through step by step, pictures included.