Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Yet another newbie sucked into the addiction... >
  • Yet another newbie sucked into the addiction...

• Yet another newbie sucked into the addiction...

Old 10-15-2009, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by materialgrl
    Since we are all confessing we are addicted,I took over my dining room for my sewing room. There I said it ,it is out in the open ,the world knows now. I moved the table into the living room. Since my kids are all grown we eat at different times,and mostly in front of tv.Its not completely straightened yet,but I can get to my sewing machine and ironing board.And guess what dinner still taste great on tv trays at holidays. having every thing together is wonderful.I tell my kids when I get old I will be the Quilt lady of AuGres,at least I won't be the cat lady. Has any one every got over this addiction? I hope I never do,not even going to try
    Hah! We don't even have a dining table. I took over the dining room a long time ago. Whew, boy do I feel better now that I have confessed. Thank you Materialgirl for helping me come clean. At least this addiction is a creative, giving addiction. I feel better after I get my "fix", how about you? :D :D :D
    Old 10-15-2009, 10:17 AM

Hi Pam! In my case, the addiction started with my grandmother who loved to make quilts. She started me cutting plain blocks when I was about 8 years old and then started me on tying quilts. That was over 50 years ago and I know there is no cure or wonder drug and thankfully this addiction is not painful unless you spend a lot at the fabric stores for a fix. Just enjoy because family and friends will understand and especially if they benefit with your talented results.
    Old 10-15-2009, 11:16 AM

When I started quilting I would buy fabric because I liked it not knowing what I was going to do with it. Well, I have loved quilting for sometime now and that fabric that I liked is still around. LOL but, my stash is whoa, unbelievable and growing! When I make a quilt I tell family and friends that I'm making memories. Happy quilting from Ct.
    Old 10-15-2009, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by pam1966
    Ha! Hello everyone! I started quilting in June. There was no warning label...nothing...here I am addicted!

I started off on my old Babylock Espire and then got a new Babylock Quest Plus. When I win the lottery I'll get a fancy long arm or something. :)

I've made about 5 quilts. My cutting and piecing skills need some work. But the galloping horse rider hasn't complained yet. I'm working on a quilt for a little girl at my church who's battling leukemia.

I'm looking forward to hanging out with you all!
    Welcome Pam, from South Louisiana. Glad you're hooked. It may be the best thing that ever happened to you! Oh, and great machines are GREAT, but you CAN quilt on a simple straight-stitcher. On this board you will hear testimony (and SEE products) from every level of quilters -- from the entry-level beginners to the professionals. We have no quilt police here -- only friends who are willing to help.

PS> Now that I've gone back and read through the whole thread, I realize how many newbies have responded to this thread. Welcome to all of you.
    Old 10-15-2009, 12:09 PM

It is great to have you onboard.
    Old 10-15-2009, 12:22 PM

Welcome from central Iowa. This is a great and versatile group! I wonder what would happen if we all met for a weekend! :roll: The building or town would not be the same!
    Old 10-15-2009, 12:28 PM

Welcome to a great site. be sure and send some pics, we love them. :)
    Quilting really is addictive, but it is a good addiction.
    Old 10-15-2009, 01:04 PM

Materialgirl, Are you from AuGres, MI? My DH is from there and my MIL lives there still-also my Aunt and Uncle. Small world.
    Old 10-15-2009, 01:28 PM

Welcome from NE Alabama. There is a Diaries section at the bottom of the Home Page. You're welcome to join us there also. It's a neighborhood of friends who talk about whatever, give support to each other & just enjoy.
    Old 10-15-2009, 02:13 PM

Yes I am, originally from Flint .But I love it up here, and I'm not planning on leaving,I saw you were from Midland,what a nice town