Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts?  **77 Days till Christmas**  What are you making? >
  • Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

• Are you busy making your Christmas Gifts? **77 Days till Christmas** What are you making?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:36 AM

Here is a new idea I am making for my DIL and her Mother: Take a quart or half-gallon size jar or container, depending on how much room you need to stash the items. I am calling it "Mini-Quilt In a Jar". Place fat quarters or remnants needed to complete a small mini-quilt (Something like 24"x24"), along with the pattern for a simple quilt. Suggestions: Pinwheel, Churndash, Four-Patch. Simple directions can be given for hand or machine-piecing. These gals I'm making these for have made quilttops but never by hand, or in a mini-version. I enjoy hand-piecing so much I am trying to inspire them to do one. If it is small enough you don't have to include fabric for backing or binding or filler. But you could include them in a plastic bag along with the Jar of goodies.
    Old 10-10-2010, 11:41 AM

I made cherry jam in the late summer. I have been sewing up a storm making the "Potato Chip Bag" small purse pattern for all the young ladies in the family. Also making doll clothes for granddaughter. I have lots of other ideas but they might not happen in the next 77 days. They will be my headstart for 2011.
    Old 10-10-2010, 11:56 AM

Quilting, quilting, quilting I go! Only 2 more to go and several charity quilts too.
    Old 10-10-2010, 11:58 AM

I have purchased the fabric for 2 quillows for my neices. Does that count.
    I still have to buy some for a nephew. He is a senior in HS and don't have a clue as to what kind of fabric to use. He told me this summer that I have made quilts for his two brothers and sister but not for him.
    But first I have to finish my DGS Tiger quilt. It was going to be for Christmas but I doubt that I can wait 77 more days.
    Old 10-10-2010, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by noveltyjunkie
    Aw. I feel cheated. The in-laws have a no gift policy this year (kids excepted, but the only kids are mine so, no one to make for)
    My own family is far away. Must make things to post to my mother and sister though- I can just put my all into those two projects......
    You may adopt me and make me a lovely quilt! I promise to send a heart-felt thank you note! LOL
    Old 10-10-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    I'm trying to get stuff done, but I keep being drawn to this site. :oops:
    Me too!! If only I could get away from the computer, but this is such a fun place that I hate to leave!!
    Old 10-10-2010, 12:29 PM

Yes, I am making a couple of shrugs for my Daughters-in-love and matching ones for my granddaughters.
    Old 10-10-2010, 01:23 PM

Christmas? I'm still working on Fall stuff and NO Way am I showing what I do. I'll send site if I find one but I've seen the work you ladies do and I'd be way to embarrassed to let anyone but my family see my stuff. LOL
    Old 10-10-2010, 01:36 PM

I have gotten 15 quilts in varying sizes done. They are all Christmas gifts. But I started last winter. I also want to get some table runners and some kitchen towels done.
    Old 10-10-2010, 02:02 PM

http://www.favecrafts.com/Sewn-Bags/...ewing-Tutorial is a great site with lots of things. This bow bag has a blue jean lining, so thought you might need other ideas.
    Originally Posted by pieces
    I'm making tote bags for my 2 nieces. No pattern, just winging it. LOL Will post pictures when they are finished. :lol: