Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30 >
  • APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

• APRIL 2012 DOLL QUILT SWAP SIGN UP - Closes Midnight EST March 30

Old 04-14-2012, 04:34 PM

Oh Almond, I am so happy you like it!!! I had so much fun making it! I really enjoyed the scale - it was doable with 2 young boys at home, LOL.

I received your quilt today as well and I LOVE it!!! I was just getting on to post a thank you when my 10 month old had seconds thoughts about going to bed, LOL. I'll post the pics now
    Old 04-14-2012, 04:50 PM

Today was a beautiful day in Upstate NY, I stepped outside rather happy to be going to the grocery store - ALONE (my 3 y/o and 10 m/o were staying home with Daddy) and then I spied a package sticking out of the mailbox! I'm pretty sure I skipped to the mailbox, grinning like a little kid and the tore open the package right in the driveway!

Almond sent me the most beautiful little quilt of potted yo-yo flowers! We must have been on the same wavelength this month, we both used yo-yo flowers in our quilts! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt! The details are just wonderful! I love the little embroidered leaves which are cut out and sewn on to be 3D like the flowers, and the cute little ladybug!! The ladybug gave me a good laugh because we have a few hanging out in our house right now, and my son is a bit obsessed with them .

The colors are wonderful, the beige background has a hint of green which goes with my sewing room walls perfectly! This is my first swap so and this beautiful little quilt will get a place of honor above my cutting table. I am hoping looking at your gorgeous mitered corners may give me the boost to actually try mitering a corner one day!

Almond also sent a beautiful embroidered snowflake ornament and sweet little dress. I am so thrilled and excited! Thank you so much Almond! Your work is so beautiful and it will be loved in my home!

Here is the gorgeous quilt:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]327795[/ATTACH]

and the goodies:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]327796[/ATTACH]

Thank you again, Almond!
    Attached Thumbnails april-241-2.jpg   april-240web.jpg  
    Old 04-14-2012, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by NinaLemon
    Today was a beautiful day in Upstate NY, I stepped outside rather happy to be going to the grocery store - ALONE (my 3 y/o and 10 m/o were staying home with Daddy) and then I spied a package sticking out of the mailbox! I'm pretty sure I skipped to the mailbox, grinning like a little kid and the tore open the package right in the driveway!

Almond sent me the most beautiful little quilt of potted yo-yo flowers! We must have been on the same wavelength this month, we both used yo-yo flowers in our quilts! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the quilt! The details are just wonderful! I love the little embroidered leaves which are cut out and sewn on to be 3D like the flowers, and the cute little ladybug!! The ladybug gave me a good laugh because we have a few hanging out in our house right now, and my son is a bit obsessed with them .

The colors are wonderful, the beige background has a hint of green which goes with my sewing room walls perfectly! This is my first swap so and this beautiful little quilt will get a place of honor above my cutting table. I am hoping looking at your gorgeous mitered corners may give me the boost to actually try mitering a corner one day!

Almond also sent a beautiful embroidered snowflake ornament and sweet little dress. I am so thrilled and excited! Thank you so much Almond! Your work is so beautiful and it will be loved in my home!

Here is the gorgeous quilt:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]327795[/ATTACH]

and the goodies:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]327796[/ATTACH]

Thank you again, Almond!
    So glad you like it!!! I love yours
    Old 04-14-2012, 06:19 PM

Almond, your pot of flowers is wonderful!
    Old 04-14-2012, 06:31 PM

so cute! nice work, almond!
    Old 04-14-2012, 11:10 PM

More Beautiful Doll Quilts showing up on this thread!! Everyone is doing such a great job making them. I am almost done with my partner's little quilt. I hope she likes it too!!
    Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM

I finally figured out what I was doing wrong with the pics. I was clicking from the original folder instead of the folder that had the resized photos in it. duh.

So here is my beautiful doll quilt from Krisb she also sent a pair of lovely pot holders which I will use in my kitchen. Thank you so much Kris! sewbeadit[ATTACH=CONFIG]327835[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]327834[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails img_0940.jpg   img_0936.jpg  
    Old 04-15-2012, 03:31 AM

Krystyna, Ninalemon, Almond and Krisb......what wonderful quilts. I love the colors and the flowers on them. I like the geometric design on Krisb. The yo yo flowers in the pot is adorable. Ninalemon....I like the birdies in the tree. Krystyna I like the brown and pink together. Very nice.
    Old 04-15-2012, 03:44 AM
    Swap Hosts

What a lovely way to start the day - looking at your fabulous little quilts!
    Old 04-15-2012, 04:23 AM

very pretty doll quilts.

Keep up the good work! guess mine can't compete against yours, I will do better next time.