Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap >
  • Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

• Winter Themed 12.5 Block Swap

Old 10-20-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Thank you all so much for wonderfully made blocks! So much whimsy and color. This was so much fun. I got tons of blocks I love. Thank you again armylady for all of the hard work sorting and mailing them to us.

Is the little guy feeling better? I sure hope so.

Oh, I forgot to tell you girls, it snowed here last night. It began with a heck of a wild wind and I when opened the blinds this morning I found it dusted white over everything.
    Red glad you like the blocks that you received. My grandson is feeling better along with his brother and sister which have been sick also. I hope that you like snow, it seems like it is too early for it to be snowing already, I would think that it would not snow in NV isn't it hot there year around.
    Old 10-20-2017, 04:45 PM

A just in case posting. I am sorry to anyone who may have received some of the same blocks, this was my first time at hosting a swap and we had 18 total to participate I tried to make sure that everyone received at least one block from each other but with the different number of blocks swapped it was a little difficult some may have received more than one from someone. Maybe I need to work on a better way of swapping the blocks if I plan on hosting another one. Again I do apologize. If someone gets two of the same block please let me know and if you want I can trade one of mine out to you if you would like.
    Old 10-20-2017, 05:31 PM

Hello everyone! I want to say how disappointed I was in the blocks I received. jk The only disappointment I had was that I didn't receive one of every block swapped! I will spread them out and post a pic later this weekend but for now, I must catch some rest to be ready to work the quilt show tomorrow our guild is hosting. Thanks everyone for making such wonderful blocks!
    Old 10-20-2017, 07:16 PM

I love the churn dash idea. A common background would be appreciated if specified. Otherwise, something that goes well with the chundash fabric?
    Old 10-20-2017, 09:08 PM

Mine says they were delivered to a parcel locker at the Post Office! I'll have to call my son tomorrow and see if he's picked up the mail for me. I won't get to touch anything until I get home Thursday night though. I'm making the most of my work training location and meeting up with people, taking tours, etc. As much as I want to see the blocks, I wish I had another weekend in Colorado to explore!
    Old 10-20-2017, 10:50 PM

Such wonderful blocks from everyone, thank you! Will post a pic of the ones received as soon as I get my blocks from my charity quilt down off the wall. I was oohing and aahing out loud, talking to myself, in excitement when I went through them.
    Armylady you're a great host, I think you did a terrific job, will post what I received soon.
    Old 10-21-2017, 10:25 AM

This is probably a silly question, but how do you leave feedback? For the life of me, I can not figure it out! Also, do you typically give feedback to just the hostess or to everyone from whom you've received a block?
    Old 10-21-2017, 12:44 PM

Giving feedback is a little tricky to find - go to a post the person has made in a thread. Under their name, beside "Feedback Score" is a number - click on the number. It will take you to a new page, on the right hand side it says "Leave Feedback for ___" click on that and then you fill in the info to leave feedback. I like to leave feedback especially for the hostess but also for all of the participants. Just a little appreciation.
    Old 10-21-2017, 02:57 PM

Thanks redgarnet for posting how to leave feedback. I've never left feedback before because I couldn't figure it out. I will start doing if from now on. The guild show was incredible. I wanted to come home and start working on new ideas right away but instead collapsed on the sofa into a much needed nap. Time for dinner now!
    Old 10-21-2017, 08:08 PM

Ladies I am so happy that you all are liking your blocks.

I think we will go with cream for the background of the churn dash blocks. I will post the proposed announcement in a post to Patrice for approval tomorrow and as soon as it gets approved I will post the thread and let you all know in this thread when it is posted I hope all of you will be able to join the swap.