Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Fabric from Earlier post >
  • Fabric from Earlier post

• Fabric from Earlier post

Old 01-14-2010, 10:21 PM

The fabric is lovely! It reminds me of a collection I have called Mocha Meringue. I plan on making this quilt with it. It has beautiful big flowers mixed with smaller scale fabrics like yours does.

http://www.marcusbrothers.com/makeit...ilt/index.html
    Old 01-15-2010, 04:43 AM

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-32839-1.htm

This one might do well with those lovely fabrics and it's simple enough for a beginner.
    Old 01-15-2010, 04:49 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    How about a dresden plate? These fabrics are beautiful!!
    I agree with the dresden. It was the first thought I had when I saw the fabric before I even read what it was going to be used for.
    Old 01-15-2010, 04:57 AM

Honestly I doubt you can go wrong with such a great selection. Total scale and color range. For a proclaimed beginner you sure have an eye for fabric. What about a nine patch with a square the same size solid between like they do for quiltsforkids (see pics here).. simple would showcase some of the prints yet nice enough it would stand out without being too busy. The disappearing (9?) patch pattern would really work well with these too. Fast very fast to whip up. Log cabin could work but you have some lovely larger patterns that you would lose with the narrow cuts.. split rail with wider pieces.. maybe.. ah heck go to quilters cache they do have a super selection you will want to make 100 quilts when your there.
    Old 01-15-2010, 05:03 AM
    Power Poster

Love the fabrics, do you have the names of the third and fourth ones, I am working on a collection for a red and black quilt and I love those two fabrics
    Old 01-15-2010, 05:08 AM

Very pretty!
    Old 01-15-2010, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
    The fabric is lovely! It reminds me of a collection I have called Mocha Meringue. I plan on making this quilt with it. It has beautiful big flowers mixed with smaller scale fabrics like yours does.

http://www.marcusbrothers.com/makeit...ilt/index.html
    The fabrics you have chosen are beautiful - brown/black is not something I used to like but as more and more fabrics arrive on the scene, I'm finding myself drawn to them. These are gorgeous and they look so soft! Let us know what pattern you decide upon and, of course, when you finish please post a pic.... :)

OT: I love this pattern!! My daughter picked out some materials for her own quilt and these would showcase those beautifully. I got a Bonus reading this post...yeah!!!

Happy Friday y'all!
    Old 01-15-2010, 07:34 AM

Very nice fabrics. Very classy looking. However, I would add an additional light fabric or two to the mix. Based solely on your pictures, which may not show the true fabric colors, you have 5 dark fabrics and 2 light fabrics. You may need the additional light colored fabrics for more contrast in the blocks you eventual choose.

And please keep in mind, this is only one man's opinion and I will not be offended, if you or others disagree. :-D
    Old 01-15-2010, 07:42 AM

I don't think this fabric lends itself to anything curved or with sharp points. You will lose too much of the large patterned material and it will look cheap.

Even the pattern from Twisted sister is a little too small in scale. If you are looking for elegance and modern simplicity (that's what those fabrics say to me) I'd go for a turning twenty pattern and have it quilted all over in a large meander. If you wnat to jazz it up you could always add some large gold, black, silver buttons to some intersections after it is quilted.

Stunning fabric.
    Old 01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
    Power Poster

With those fabrics I would make the one susiequilt suggested the one someone on this board did. It will look great !!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: