Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • A Fence Around My Corn & Beans >
  • A Fence Around My Corn & Beans

• A Fence Around My Corn & Beans

Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Totally cool......another fine one you have done......how doing all them so fast ?????? ........Have you been sleeping any at all????....:-)......
    Old 03-15-2009, 11:58 PM
    Administrator

i'm glad so many of you like the quilt. i suspect it's the kind people either really like or really don't. thanks very much for the encouragement. :P

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Wow! How in the world did you remember how each block was to be set! I would have gone bonkers making it.
    i'm already bonkers, so that part wasn't a worry. :lol: luckily, nothing needed to be rotated for the layout to work. all i had to do was alternate the blocks using a standard checkerboard layout. when i'm assembling a top i sometimes do one row at a time. i attach each new row to the row(s) already done and hang the results from my china cabinet for reference while i do the next. another way i'm able to "remember" is to print the layout from EQ and cross the blocks & rows off as i get them done.

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
    I like it! But I was expecting to see a fence to keep critters out of your vegies by the title. :lol:
    that's too funny. as a matter of fact, i did have something like that in mind: "I Put a Fence Around My Corn & Beans (to Keep the Critters Out, of Course!)" i couldn't figure out how to work critters into a border that didn't clash, so i shortened it.

Originally Posted by Joan
    Spectaucular, Patrice----I just love it and don't know how you got everything to fit together so well!
    trust me ... there are plenty of places where things don't line up properly at all. lucky for me all the stripes dominate and distract the eye so the gafarbles don't stand out unless you're up close or looking for them. (whew!)

Originally Posted by Blue Bell
    Patrice,
    Your quilt is awesome. You are so creative. I never would have thought to put those two blocks together. You are so inspiring to all of us.
    it's the other way around. the quilts you guys make and the blocks being picked inspire me.

Originally Posted by Marcia
    Patrice--I love your quilt and I am so impressed that 2 months in a row you have used the BOM blocks and made full quilts out of them!!
    i can't take any credit. the ladies choosing the blocks do the hard part for me. i don't have to struggle with a design. i can just sit back on my tushy and wait. :lol: )
    Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Beautiful Patrice, as always, and I haven't even done my one yet!! A question - are you leaving one block spare of each month to put together at the end of of the year - or are you just gonna join all your full quilts together!?

K x
    Old 03-16-2009, 02:10 AM

Now I understand the strip piece triangle in the corners of your corn & bean block. Great idea. I am so impressed that you have done both blocks into a quilt for both Feb and March. Anxious to see what you do for April. Your very creative!
    Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 AM

I think it's very pretty and boy do you work fast.
    Old 03-16-2009, 02:53 AM

sshhhhh! I'm following her around today, when she goes to work, or IF she goes to work, there has GOT to be quilting elves at work in her sewing room! I'll get back to ya with more details.
    Old 03-22-2009, 07:00 AM

Patrice, I have never seen a post of yours that wasn't awesome. This one looks great.
    Old 03-22-2009, 09:54 AM
    Administrator

thanks very much for such a nice compliment. :P

Originally Posted by k3n
    Beautiful Patrice, as always, and I haven't even done my one yet!! A question - are you leaving one block spare of each month to put together at the end of of the year - or are you just gonna join all your full quilts together!?

K x
    i would have to make the extras in compatible fabrics. i may surprise myself later on, but i'm probably too lazy for that. :lol:

i'm trying to picture the blocks so far, in the fabrics i've used, all together in one quilt. we need a barfing emoticon. :shock:
    Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 AM
    Power Poster

Oh ok I think I got it now patrice. I will try it your way. ps) Waaah ... I don't have the eletric quilt program. I will have to look into that. Enabler! LoL!
    Old 03-22-2009, 02:10 PM

What a stunningly dramatic quilt!!!

It would probably never occur to me to put something like that together. You obviously have THE TOUCH!!!!