Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I'm needing a hug >
  • I'm needing a hug

• I'm needing a hug

Old 02-28-2011, 06:53 AM

thats beautiful............let it go like water down ducks back.. :lol: :thumbup:
    Old 02-28-2011, 06:54 AM

The old fart just needed to make someone as miserable as himself. I think your quilt is stupendous.
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:04 AM

Your quilt is beautiful and that ?gentleman was extremely rude and crewl. Don't take His rude remarks to heart
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 AM

Your quilt is really beautiful and aren't you glad the old man is nothing like your loving husband.The old man was just an old man who is just living in a time and era that thankful we don't have to .becaues we do have brand new material to make our lovely quilt with.
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:08 AM

See, thank you for presenting all of us with the opportunity to show what wonderful gifts are we are presented with. In this case, the audacious comments of this entire group. They are known for their sassy comments, always in a loving way, of course.
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Now way in hell I would have left the waiting room. Am I allowed to say that? I know you have to give elderly people a little extra leeway but old or youn or anywhere inbetween that was just rude.
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
    Some people are just not happy unless they make someone else unhappy. It is a beautiful quilt and just ignore the grumpy old man!
    :thumbup: There's absolutely nothing wrong or unusual about what you're doing - or we'd all be depressed! :lol: Maybe he was having a bad day - or is just a grumpy old man. Some older folk still have the great depression in every cell of their bodies and it just effects how they look at everything.
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 AM

Well clearly that just shows what he knows.......nothing about quilting! Don't give his words another thought!! Your quilt is something to be very proud of .. and it is gorgeous!
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:19 AM
    Banned

I would have said very loudly, that he was not only ignorant he was stupid, because I have a quilt that is more than 100 years old and was made entirely of two of the same fabrics by a rural farm wife. And then I would have asked him how many quilts he had made. Then I would have turned to my husband (or whoever was sitting next to me) and just as loudly said "Obviously the poor dear has advanced dementia and must be here to either have his meds adjusted or a lobotomy. OH, WAIT, it must be the meds, 'cause it's evident he's already had the lobotomy". And smiled sweetly and gone on quilting. And not said another word to him no matter what he came back with.

But that's just me.
    Old 02-28-2011, 07:29 AM

((HUG HUG))

You're quilt is TRULY AMAZING, STUNNING and BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Please do not let him getting down on you get to you. He must have something very unpleasant going on in his life to say what he did. No that is not an excuse it is just that people who do that type of thing usually are quite unhappy and is normally due to something going on with themselves..

With that said, Your quilt is absolutely beautiful and stunning and whether it came from a shirt or raw new material is neither here nor there, nor does it change the fact of it's beauty. A wonderful artist you are! You should be proud!!