Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I'm needing a hug >

I'm needing a hug

I'm needing a hug

Old 02-27-2011, 07:59 PM

don,t feel bad you have maded a beauitful quilt ,i think if you don,t have anything good to say then don,t say anything,just put his words behind you and keep making your quilts.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:02 PM

It's a beautiful quilt! *hugs*
Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 PM
bkb

It is beautiful.I make quilts with new material, i make quilts with old material. Should have asked him if he was still wearing his feed sack undies!
Old 02-27-2011, 09:16 PM

HUGS! Phooey! Who's that yahoo to lecture a stranger? How rude and creepy! Furthermore, I think his argument doesn't jibe with history. Bet he's got sweatshop made blankets on his bed. He'd have gotten an earful from me.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:18 PM

And your quilt is incredibly beautiful, a work of art! Excellent quilting and gorgeous colors. Double phooey! Maybe he was hoping you'd sell it to him for a song.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:20 PM

((((((HUGS)))))) Your quilt is gorgeous. Perhaps you should have informed him that there are no quilt police. Too bad he is so narrow minded.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:29 PM

I'm so sorry that he criticized you and your quilt. He was wrong. However, he lived in different time. We don't know what his history is. Maybe is was in a lot of pain. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you. Doesn't make what he said right, but we don't know what his story is. Having an elderly mom, I understand that life is hard for them. We just need to remain respectful:-)
Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM

Well excuse me...first here is your hug {{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}} a big one, second you should have told this grumpy old f**t if he would even attempt to make one himself and reminded him of something called manners to say thank you for a beautiful work and good job!!!!!. Your quilt is absolutelt gorgeous and i can't imagine making one like it. This pattern looks so intimidating to me and takes talent to do it.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:42 PM

Love your quilt, triple irish chain isn't it? Years ago as we all know they used clothing and what ever thay had to use. I always think of the age and HE probably remembers his mother and maybe granny quilting, lol comparing all of you. Sorry you felt small, hope for a better day and lot of ((((((hugs)))) to you :)
Old 02-27-2011, 10:09 PM

(((((HUG)))))

What a wonderful quilt. I love the colors you put in your Irish Chain. Don't let that old gentleman bother you. He wasn't being polite (after all, you didn't ask him his opinion but he gave it anyway).
He was talking about something that he doesn't know anything about (my Grandmother made quilts in the early 1900s and anytime she could get new material she would use it). And the old gentleman was trying to bring pain to someone else (why else would he try to tear down someone else's beautiful work?). Besides, what difference does it make to him what type of material you use (old or new)?

Why in the world would we use thread bare old worn material to make a quilt when we can use new, strong material? Now, if I can't afford to buy new material, I will gladly make a quilt with the clothes that we can't use, but there is no reason to use something older and maybe not in good condition when you can use something new.

I wouldn't have left the room either. I would have probably said..."oh well" and told him I didn't want to discuss it with him.