Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • I'm new here and am going to try to upload a few pictures >
  • I'm new here and am going to try to upload a few pictures

• I'm new here and am going to try to upload a few pictures

Old 12-13-2008, 04:31 PM
    Power Poster

GailG, LOL,...me too!! my hubby buys sodas in 24 packs and i keep the boxes bc of the size. usually perfect for a small to med. size project, and they stack so well.
    patterns in zip locs to keep from what i call fussy-folding, labeled of course. everything is labeled or I would be lost.
    The main thing is, I can't be working on one thing while staring at another. makes me feel pressured and not focused. I am actually quite organized but it doesn't take me long to make a mess!
    Since i'm gabbing away about order, here's what i think is an original idea: I wrap scraps, esp. selvedge edges around wire hangers and put fabrics on them. i can get two to three fabrics per hanger and then five hangers on a space saver and hang in closet. i have cleared a lot of space and can see many fabrics at a glance. i sent this tip into tv show, but have not heard if they will use it. works for me. :wink: C
    Old 12-13-2008, 04:45 PM
    farscapegal

Welcome from SC. I have done the puzzle quilt a few times. It is a lot of fun to do.

Love the other quilts too.

Sybil

Old 12-13-2008, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    GailG, LOL,...me too!! my hubby buys sodas in 24 packs and i keep the boxes bc of the size. usually perfect for a small to med. size project, and they stack so well.
    patterns in zip locs to keep from what i call fussy-folding, labeled of course. everything is labeled or I would be lost.
    The main thing is, I can't be working on one thing while staring at another. makes me feel pressured and not focused. I am actually quite organized but it doesn't take me long to make a mess!
    Since i'm gabbing away about order, here's what i think is an original idea: I wrap scraps, esp. selvedge edges around wire hangers and put fabrics on them. i can get two to three fabrics per hanger and then five hangers on a space saver and hang in closet. i have cleared a lot of space and can see many fabrics at a glance. i sent this tip into tv show, but have not heard if they will use it. works for me. :wink: C
    What I do with the ziplocs is put extra squares, blocks, scraps, etc. altogether. Haven't figured out yet what to do from there, so I stack those in a box. :oops:
    Old 12-13-2008, 07:16 PM

So glad you joined us - your work is delightful - and I love them all. Just want to ask 1 thing - when will the "transformers" arrive?

KIDS! You have to love them for all their wonderful and special "oneness".

I am totally in awe of children - they all melt my heart one way or another. I have a niece and friend who have children who are autistic - one is quite severe - the other more along the Aspergers diagnosis. But, they are both absolutely wonderful in their own ways.

Keep up the great work - both with the quilting and motherhood - both projects are well worth all the efforts!
    Old 12-13-2008, 08:25 PM
    Power Poster

you are doing a great thing for your kids. i had one w/ add and one with cerebral palsy and they are very fine adults now. all kids have one common need....love. quilters are full of it. hug, for "those" days. I agree,it's not always easy, but always worth it. C

thanks gailg, for more tips, lol!
    Old 12-14-2008, 05:01 PM

You have some wonderful quilts the embroidery is Beautiful. Great work.
    BillsBonBon
    Old 12-14-2008, 11:44 PM

Welcome from Washington. Love your quilts. I am really drawn to the puzzle one and the flying geese. Great job on the embroidary. Thank you for sharing.
    Old 10-22-2012, 06:38 PM
    Power Poster

nice
    my favorite is the one you made when you were 10
    Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM

Your quilts are gorgeous. I especially love the Sunbonnet Sue. She is always my favorite!
    Old 10-22-2012, 07:26 PM

Bugsmom, Firstly, Welcome, Welcome! So glad you joined us. I can see by your wonderful work that you will be another great asset to our group. Thanks for sharing your wonderful projects. How long have you been quilting? Your work is superb.