Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
music instrument carrying case >

music instrument carrying case

music instrument carrying case

Old 08-13-2012, 04:37 PM

Default music instrument carrying case

Has anyone made a quilted carrying case for a musical instrument? I purchased a keyboard that there is no bag/carrying case for it. Looking for ideas on making one... I purchased 4 fabrics... one that is black background with 4 different random bright colored 'notes'. Another is black, with pale gray treble clefts random placement. 3rd fabric is a bright multi color striped fabric, could be used for staffs. My fourth fabric is black background with dots in random order, in different colors. I certainly don't have to use them all. But looking for ideas on a 'pattern' that would be attractive. They keyboard is 36" long, 8" wide, and 5" tall. So basically a rectangle 'box'. I also do machine embroidery, so I thought of maybe embroidering some notes on the black background... maybe a staff, treble cleft, and a couple of measures... I am just swimming with possibilities, but looking for ideas... and even photos if you have done one... Thanks!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:28 AM

I think a quilted keyboard case sounds like a really fun project! Here is a picture I found of keyboard cases. They look pretty simple. The only hard part would be applying the long zipper (I'm not the best at zippers). I would probably use double batting for better protection of the keyboard. I put a tutorial on this board for making a travel bag and I think the instructions for that would adapt quite well to this project. Hope this helpls a little. http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...g-t179565.html Have fun designing your bag!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]355399[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails keyboard-bag-soft-case.jpg  
Old 11-08-2012, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Looks interesting! I have to make a case for a snow board for my nephew for Christmas.
Thanks for the ideas!!