Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Tutorials
  • Mysi's Mystery... Clue#5.. final one everybody!! >
  • Mysi's Mystery... Clue#5.. final one everybody!!

• Mysi's Mystery... Clue#5.. final one everybody!!

Old 01-31-2011, 04:43 AM

I have chosen the wrong material and it is not working out half as nicely as those displayed. I will definitely repeat this quilt but will use different fabrics. Missy not to worry as i have changed the main squares and am so much happier.
    Old 01-31-2011, 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Cuddly Quilter
    I have chosen the wrong material and it is not working out half as nicely as those displayed. I will definitely repeat this quilt but will use different fabrics. Missy not to worry as i have changed the main squares and am so much happier.
    I can't see the pictures!? Huh..wonder why?

Missy
    Old 01-31-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne

Missy
    Still trying to finish the blocks first. Will post when finished. ♥
    Old 01-31-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by mysikaanne

Missy
    Still trying to finish the blocks first. Will post when finished. ♥
    OOHHH I see.. LOL thought I wasn't seeing the picture!! HUGS!
    Old 01-31-2011, 11:06 AM

Cuddly, I don't know how your quilt couldn't be turning out nice, I loved the way your blocks were coming along, and I thought your focus fabric was just so cute, maybe you are not looking at the big picture here. I'll trade you :mrgreen:

Ok, so I have half of my blocks done and laid out with my focus squares, I think I am liking it. Although mine definitely will need some border to pull it together, too many colors involved. I am trucking along and will post a photo when I have the top assembled.
    Old 02-04-2011, 08:14 AM

OK, I finally finished piecing the top! This should read decided to quit ripping two stitches for every stitch that I make, :lol: . I don't know why I struggled with points on this one, OK, I know why, I can't sew straight, but I had harder time fudging this one :mrgreen: Anyway, I am pleased with the way it turned out, love the pattern and colors, and if I look at it from a galloping horse, the points look like they match, so there :XD:
    My husband wanted me to change the orientation of the accent so that each set of four blocks form a "square", he had a vision and I complied :P Then he decided to name it "Farm Fancy."

Missy, thank you so much for doing this mystery for us, I would have never had the patience to make this big quilt (largest I made so far) without this mystery, and I love your pattern! Will be looking forward to future mysteries from you, but make it one without too many points to match, would ya?!:lol: :mrgreen:

It's hard to take a photo of a large quilt!!!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]162223[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-162218.jpe  
    Old 02-04-2011, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    OK, I finally finished piecing the top! This should read decided to quit ripping two stitches for every stitch that I make, :lol: . I don't know why I struggled with points on this one, OK, I know why, I can't sew straight, but I had harder time fudging this one :mrgreen: Anyway, I am pleased with the way it turned out, love the pattern and colors, and if I look at it from a galloping horse, the points look like they match, so there :XD:
    My husband wanted me to change the orientation of the accent so that each set of four blocks form a "square", he had a vision and I complied :P Then he decided to name it "Farm Fancy."

Love the way your Faerie Stones turned out. Stunning colours and so well chosen. Congrats your Farm Fancy is very good indeed. Could not spot the not perfect points as to me they all looked perfect.

Missy, thank you so much for doing this mystery for us, I would have never had the patience to make this big quilt (largest I made so far) without this mystery, and I love your pattern! Will be looking forward to future mysteries from you, but make it one without too many points to match, would ya?!:lol: :mrgreen:
    ;) ;) ;) ;) :thumbup:
    Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Cuddly, I don't know how your quilt couldn't be turning out nice, I loved the way your blocks were coming along, and I thought your focus fabric was just so cute, maybe you are not looking at the big picture here. I'll trade you :mrgreen:

Ok, so I have half of my blocks done and laid out with my focus squares, I think I am liking it. Although mine definitely will need some border to pull it together, too many colors involved. I am trucking along and will post a photo when I have the top assembled.
    Thanks for the positive comment Candi and Missy - maybe i am jumping the gun and should wait till all the squares are completed. Stitching away. Hopefully this weekend all the Clue 5 blocks should be done and then i can lay out the rows and take a pic. Look forward to seeing yours Candi. Work this and last week has been so hectic. "My gosh guys i want to quilt when i get home so stop making me so exhausted!: :lol: Early rising tomorrow Sat morning and sewing machine here i come. :thumbup:
    Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 PM

SOOO Awesome! Way to go Candi!

Missy
    Old 02-04-2011, 08:22 PM

I put my wall hanging together with out border and show it to DD :roll: she said: "COLOURS" did not match any place at home.
    Should i listen??? :-