Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Can you help me identify this machine please?? >

Can you help me identify this machine please??

Can you help me identify this machine please??

Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM

Question Can you help me identify this machine please??

This has come up for sale on our local FB group. She is asking $125 for it but Im not sure what model it is. I have contacted her to get me more info and if nothing else the serial number. BTW~the picture is not very good so it is hard to see detail.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]306714[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 420704_10150628522176532_520856531_11036923_1112809974_n.jpg  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:31 PM

Well, I just found out she is out of town until Monday so I will not hear anything until then. Any info I can get between now and then would be great. :-)

Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 PM

It looks very similar to my 128-23, Godzilla or krinkle finish machine. It's a shuttle machine and I must say is LOUD and vibrates A LOT. I don't know if you want it for the pure collector item it is or for use, but although it does a beautiful stitch mine is a decorator piece now. I have so many other vintage machines that don't sound like a tank:> It's my only shuttle machine, so it's neat to have. The one pictured above uses a foot pedal and mine uses a knee bar.
Attached Thumbnails img_7190.jpg  
Old 01-27-2012, 03:45 PM

No doubt on that one.. . It's a 28 or 128
Old 01-27-2012, 04:02 PM

What would one except to pay for it in it current condition??? Candaces is gorgeous, the I am thinking of getting not!! This would not be a machine I used but one I looked at...A LOT!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by pinkberrykay View Post
What would one except to pay for it in it current condition??? Candaces is gorgeous, the I am thinking of getting not!! This would not be a machine I used but one I looked at...A LOT!!!
Opinions on this will vary. Mine was a gift and I suspect my mother paid at least what you're contact is asking because she had it shipped. Shipping would cost at least $40 on the machine because of its weight. But, I tend to be a low spender:> I don't want to say cheap, because I have some very expensive machines! But, so many vintage machines need some work, elbow grease and or parts and I won't pay top dollar for one knowing I will typically be spending more money and time fixing them up. It's hard to say, really, by the photo you posted. It's kind of blurry so it's hard to tell what condition it's in and if it's in working condition. I would suggest you offer less than what's being asked unless it's in pristine shape and is something you just have to have.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:47 PM

Thanks for your advice, I was going to offer her something below $100. To have the machine serviced would be $60!! ANd then there is the time to clean it up and looking nice enough to put fabric thru it.

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Opinions on this will vary. Mine was a gift and I suspect my mother paid at least what you're contact is asking because she had it shipped. Shipping would cost at least $40 on the machine because of its weight. But, I tend to be a low spender:> I don't want to say cheap, because I have some very expensive machines! But, so many vintage machines need some work, elbow grease and or parts and I won't pay top dollar for one knowing I will typically be spending more money and time fixing them up. It's hard to say, really, by the photo you posted. It's kind of blurry so it's hard to tell what condition it's in and if it's in working condition. I would suggest you offer less than what's being asked unless it's in pristine shape and is something you just have to have.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:02 PM

I love my 28K and the sound it makes, but then again, it's a handcrank and not electric. Before I made an offer at all, I'd look under that scrap that was used as a pincushion and see how much "pin rash" is there...on some machines it's down to the bare metal.
I don't see a lot of rust, mostly just looks dusty to me..and that's an easy fix. If it were me, I'd offer 50 or 60 dollars for it...but you'd also have to consider that I don't like the Godzillla finish..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:12 PM

it is a nice machine, offer her 60 for it... you can oil and clean it up, that is all the sewing center is gonna do for an old machine, I work on all of mine and have got them all to run well... even the ones that where seized up... go for it.. I have an old domestic krinkled one that is chocolate brown... that i am trying to decide whether to keep of get ride of..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:59 PM

Is that what that white fabric looking thing is near the top of the needle?? Thanks for you help.

Originally Posted by Charlee View Post
I love my 28K and the sound it makes, but then again, it's a handcrank and not electric. Before I made an offer at all, I'd look under that scrap that was used as a pincushion and see how much "pin rash" is there...on some machines it's down to the bare metal.
I don't see a lot of rust, mostly just looks dusty to me..and that's an easy fix. If it were me, I'd offer 50 or 60 dollars for it...but you'd also have to consider that I don't like the Godzillla finish..