the white house 140

Old 10-17-2017, 12:36 PM

Default the white house 140

hello few weeks back my oldest son13 on his way to school and saw this wonderful machine came home told me and i went the next day to go get it. i have no clue of anything that has to do with this machine and unable to find any information on it only needs to things the plate that goes on the machine where take off to put the bobbin in and the belt for it.any where to locate parts for this will help
Old 10-17-2017, 12:46 PM

hmmm not a lot to go on here. White made machines for decades. House is used by many. Numbers show up a lot too. White House would sound like a great Japanese 15 clone name, though I haven't seen one. Would you by chance be able to share some shrunk pictures of it? maybe look at a 15 clone thread and see if the machines there are similar.

Welcome to the board.
Old 10-21-2017, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by sewin4fun1712 View Post
hello few weeks back my oldest son13 on his way to school and saw this wonderful machine came home told me and i went the next day to go get it. i have no clue of anything that has to do with this machine and unable to find any information on it only needs to things the plate that goes on the machine where take off to put the bobbin in and the belt for it.any where to locate parts for this will help
Welcome. You probably have a badged Japanese sewing machine sold by White House department stores. Some threads to look at to see if you can find a similar badged machine are:
Will the Real 15 clone please stand up
Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines
Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches
http://www.sewusa.com/Sewing_Machine...g_Machines.htm

Sometimes the machine will have a JA or JC with a number after those letters either stamped or printed on the under side of the machine. Some machines have "made in Japan" either on a badge or decal, and I have one machine that I had to take off the motor to find the decal.

A picture would help identify your machine. You generally need to reduce a picture so it will post. If you look at post #6 at Vintage Consew It has some instructions and links on how to reduce pictures and post said pictures.

For the slide plate you may want to check out http://shop.sew-classic.com/Plates-N...Plates_c14.htm and the belt can be found at http://shop.sew-classic.com/Belts_c3.htm

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 10-21-2017 at 07:40 AM. Reason: correct duplication