Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
10 Vintage Machines....what am I to do with them ? >

10 Vintage Machines....what am I to do with them ?

10 Vintage Machines....what am I to do with them ?

Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM

I thought Quartzsite was just gems and minerals. Do they sell other stuff, and if so what type of items? I've never been but have heard about it. Also, when does it take place? Thanks.

Originally Posted by ShirlinAZ View Post
Don't rush to get rid of them all. When your grandkids are past the terrible teens they may remember that they loved to sew, and since they will need a sanity break from the work world they might decide they need sewing machines! At least that's what I went through. Select the best and hang on to them a little longer. Let me know what if any you are taking to Quartzsite.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tinabug View Post
I thought Quartzsite was just gems and minerals. Do they sell other stuff, and if so what type of items? I've never been but have heard about it. Also, when does it take place? Thanks.
They sell everything there!! It's like a giant fleamarket. Several people I know here in California go over for a couple of weeks just to sell stuff....they mostly take crafty stuff, but tell me you can find anything there!!
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 PM

When they grow up a little more, they will want sewing machines! 4 grandkids means you need to keep at least 4 machines ... no fighting!

If you have extras to sell, craigslist is great. Keep in mind there are "money order" scammers on CL. Just delete the emails offering money orders and it will be all good. I think pricing at craigslist will be better than yard sale pricing, even for the worlds longest yard sale.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:26 AM

If you do decide to sell your hand crank machine, I would love the chance to buy it from you. I have been looking for one forever. I live in southeast Missouri, and you are near St. Louis, I would certainly drive that far to get a hand crank machine that works. I think it is great that you have acquired all of those machines. Maybe your grandkids will change their minds in a few years.