15-91 Needle locked up?

Old 02-13-2017, 03:51 AM
Power Poster

Those 15s are so easy to fix a thread jam. There are machines that jam a whole lot easier and are harder to make go again. I some time pick out a machine to use based on how easy a thread jam might be to fix... I made a thread here a while back about national clean out your bobbin day. I'll bring it back up. It tells how to get the bobbin area taken apart and put back on a 15.... Well at least some of them. It would most likely be a good time to clean everything thoroughly.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:51 PM

Miriam,

You're absolutely right. I clean my machines every time I use them, as well as oiling. I rarely have a problem with a machine jamming -- my son gets on my case (rightfully so) if I don't oil and clean them regularly. I've seen machines that hit his repair bench when he was working as a SM Mechanic that were so jammed with thread and lint, it almost needed some very strong tools to remove it. I can't believe anyone could sew that long -- I mean that lint was so jammed and so hard, truly, if not for the vulnerable parts underneath that junk, you could have used a hammer and chisel and it would not have been a case of "over kill".