Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
15-91 zig zag attachment Where? >

15-91 zig zag attachment Where?

15-91 zig zag attachment Where?

Old 08-02-2013, 06:21 AM

That one is really neat!

Darn, another Singer attachment I didn't know about that I need to start looking for!

I saw some pictures on Etsy, and they show it with a box the same as my oldest. On your manual, what is the earliest and latest copyright dates?

The one on Etsy had CC of 1934, and mine has CC dates of 37,38 and 39
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM

whoo- hoo thank you for the pics this is so helpful to me. I have found a couple on ebay and I am getting more confident now with the pictures to go by. THANK YOU!!!!
Old 08-03-2013, 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
That one is really neat!

Darn, another Singer attachment I didn't know about that I need to start looking for!

I saw some pictures on Etsy, and they show it with a box the same as my oldest. On your manual, what is the earliest and latest copyright dates?

The one on Etsy had CC of 1934, and mine has CC dates of 37,38 and 39
Darn, another competitor. What have I done? One of these just came up on ebay but it's too 'spensive - like $65. Maybe I can find an old SM shop that has the screws?

My manual is buried in a box, but the Smithsonian manual is copyrighted 1933 and 1934. The box does look just like your early zigzagger. Actually when I got it, it was with a bunch of other stuff and everything was all jumbled up, and some boxes had no attachments (like a hemstitcher box with no hemstitcher -- that was a bummer!) The zz'er was not in its box so I didn't realize it was a zigzagger. I didn't know what it was. It took a bit of time on google to find the manual on the Smithsonian site. (And then I realized I had the manual in the jumble -- it just didn't occur to me that the thing could be a zigzagger.) The best thing about that lot, since this piece is missing its screws, was the case. It was a "fashion aids" case. It did have one original piece in it -- the Singercraft guide, but I already had one of those.

It's been decades since I used a zig zag attachment, but I didn't like it then. It didn't make an even stitch, and it was clunky. It was the smaller black one with no cams. But maybe I was doing something wrong.

When I was looking for the copyright dates I found a funny ad on the inside cover:
"Buy a Singer electric sewing machine and sew by electricity. Save your health, time and money. The Electric Motor costs less than one cent for three hours of continuous sewing." Treadling was bad for one's health?! Oy. Here's a picture of that ad.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]427976[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails singer_zigzagger_end2.jpg  

Last edited by Sheluma; 08-03-2013 at 02:11 AM. Reason: typo. and fix bad sentence