1900's Treadle Machine

Old 06-11-2021, 01:42 PM

Default 1900's Treadle Machine

Hello! I recently acquired a 1900's Standard Sewing Machine Co. Slim table machine. I don't know much about these treadle machines, and have a few questions:
1. What is the best way to open and close this machine?
2. Does it have any latches or opening mechanisms?
3. What is the best oil to use to on the workings of this machine?
Old 06-11-2021, 05:38 PM

Hi, Binky. You did not answer if when you raised the top, that it also raised the machine and you didn't have to lift up the machine into position at your other thread 1900's Standard Slim Sewing Machine Question

You want to use "Sewing Machine Oil" not 3-in-1. If you can find the SDS sheet you want to see CAS #64742-54-7 preferably 100%. Such as https://www.amazon.com/Lily-White-Se.../dp/B07D3CSLQM Not all Zoom Spout oil is the same.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 06-17-2021, 03:00 PM

Hey Janey! I pushed a mechanism on the bottom of the Standard skirt flap first. Then opened the table top (which was difficult because of a bent metal arm) and that skirt flap folded up as the machine kind of came up to rest (I had to help it a bit). Now I just can't quite figure out how to get it to lower again. Thank you so much for telling me about the Zoom lily white oil. Once I get all the parts oiled, I'm sure the machine will go back down without my help. I'm wondering if there is another mechanism I need to push to get the machine to go down again.

Thanks again for all your help!!!