Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
1947 kenmore with sewing cabinet >

1947 kenmore with sewing cabinet

1947 kenmore with sewing cabinet

Old 06-04-2014, 03:27 AM

Default 1947 kenmore with sewing cabinet

I am in southeast mi. Would anyone on this board be interested in this sewing machine. I think it is a beauty and I love the vintage table it came in.....but I do not have enough room. I would love to give it to someone who would appreciate it. It is brown with a crinkly finish. I have oiled it up, it has been sitting for years in someone's spare room. It is really clean. I think it needs a rubber thingy that is on the end of the motor shaft. It had a flat spot from sitting for so long. The motor works. I think it just needs a really good detailing job and aforementioned part. I will post pictures later today. It is free...just pick up! Think about it. If anyone has an interest PM me and we can make arrangements. Carol aka Reba
Old 06-04-2014, 05:55 AM

Carol,

You have my interest, except I'm pretty far away. For those closer could you post a picture of the ensemble or at least the model number of the machine?

Joe
Old 07-08-2014, 09:18 AM

Carol, I'm new to the board, but I have three vintage Kenmores, a Japanese badged machine, and a HA-1 clone. I've learned so much about these machines here; it's a great resource! It sounds like it might be a 117, and something that's on my SM wishlist. I also live in S.E. Michigan (Metro Detroit area), and if this machine is still available, I'd love to have it!

I would love it, and pet it, and call it Harvey!

Last edited by SherylM; 07-08-2014 at 09:21 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:06 AM

Default Kenmore 117

Do you still have this machine? I'm in Midland, MI Victoria

Originally Posted by Reba'squilts View Post
I am in southeast mi. Would anyone on this board be interested in this sewing machine. I think it is a beauty and I love the vintage table it came in.....but I do not have enough room. I would love to give it to someone who would appreciate it. It is brown with a crinkly finish. I have oiled it up, it has been sitting for years in someone's spare room. It is really clean. I think it needs a rubber thingy that is on the end of the motor shaft. It had a flat spot from sitting for so long. The motor works. I think it just needs a really good detailing job and aforementioned part. I will post pictures later today. It is free...just pick up! Think about it. If anyone has an interest PM me and we can make arrangements. Carol aka Reba