Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 1954 Featherweight #AL698939

I found a listing locally for the Featherweight in title. Asking price is $150.00. It is pictured with two boxes:green box with tools I think, and a cardboard box that looks like it contains feet. It is in original case which looks nice. Gold lettering on machine and the black paint look great. Is this a fair price? I've been hoping to find those "miracles" at Thrift stores -- but no success. What do you think? In case anyone is interested in seeing it, it is on Craig's List in Indianapolis, specifically Carmel, and was posted on 7/26. I would of course make sure it worked before purchasing.

If it works it'd be an awesome deal!

Kas
    I would call them now. It is probably already gone. That is a steal.

make sure it has it's bobbin case..

Blog Entries
    Does it have the case too? Sounds like you may have a VERY nice deal :D:D:D

just sent an e-mail to the seller --- asked about the bobbin case - and hope to see it/try it out later this week. :) thanks for the responses.

what is the usual price (if there is one) for this machine? another featherweight (1940's) is listed for $350. it has original case, but no accessories. big difference in price.

For what I see around here, it is a good price, especially with bobbin case and carrying case.

good deal.

Blog Entries
    Hope u get it!!

Blog Entries
    That's an excellent price. Even if you have to replace cords, bobbin winder tire, etc., it's still a good price!! Go for it! RUN!!! :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by judyjudyjudy
    what is the usual price (if there is one) for this machine? another featherweight (1940's) is listed for $350. it has original case, but no accessories. big difference in price.
    Well, they can ask $350 but won't get it. They are selling on eBay for around $225-$275. Even with every item that was original.

am not hopeful. the listing is no longer on craig's list. :(
    but -- good thing is that i have spent lots of time on ebay checking the various prices of the models 221 and 222.
    i don't need the machine - already have 4 -- but am in love with the old featherweights. thanks for your responses.

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    That's an excellent price. Even if you have to replace cords, bobbin winder tire, etc., it's still a good price!! Go for it! RUN!!! :lol:
    Yes, I agree!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

go for it, its a great price, take it, if it doesn't work, it is probably something simple, they are simple machines
    :thumbup:

Hi Judy,
    Another little 2 cents from me :)
    I have several machines as well but I have been using my Featherweight more than any other! They are just wonderful.
    Hope you get one eventually- I'm sure you will!! :D

Blog Entries
    I'd get it in a heart beat. I have 1 featherweight already and 3 other old machines. Now all I want is a 1954; the year I was born and a centinial one. I don't have a green one so that would be icing on the cake. If it runs it's a good deal.

no response from the Craigs' List featherweight, but I found a 1950 221-1 featherweight available at a reputable sewing machine repair shop -- complete w/accessories - serviced - new cord - a case but not the original - for $250.00. I think he said he'd even give me a 1/4" foot if I needed one. I think that's a fair price --- what do you think?

I think it's a good price the way you've described it :)

I found a listing locally for the Featherweight in title. Asking price is $150.00. It is pictured with two boxes:green box with tools I think, and a cardboard box that looks like it contains feet. It is in original case which looks nice. Gold lettering on machine and the black paint look great. Is this a fair price? I've been hoping to find those "miracles" at Thrift stores -- but no success. What do you think? In case anyone is interested in seeing it, it is on Craig's List in Indianapolis, specifically Carmel, and was posted on 7/26. I would of course make sure it worked before purchasing.
    The Indy area Goodwill has machines on auction quite often. Keep an eye on them. www.shopGoodwill.com.

Blog Entries
    no response from the Craigs' List featherweight, but I found a 1950 221-1 featherweight available at a reputable sewing machine repair shop -- complete w/accessories - serviced - new cord - a case but not the original - for $250.00. I think he said he'd even give me a 1/4" foot if I needed one. I think that's a fair price --- what do you think?
    That's a fair price. Not a "great deal", but a fair price. They go for about that on eBay, and there is one here at local SMS with less..no accessories at all..for $295.

on saturday, the 30th, i am heading 40 minutes northwest of my home to look at and hopefully purchase the 1950 221-1 featherweight for $250. the shop owner will give me training in the threading of needle and the bobbin, etc. , he is giving me extra feet and bobbins, and the service he did to the machine is guaranteed for a year. he's an "old town sewing machine repair shop" -- very reputable. he said if i have any trouble with it -- just bring right back and he'll take care of it under the guarantee. a dear friend of mine has taken her singers to him for years. so... i do believe i'll be attempting my first photo post tomorrow. i think i'll be dreaming of names for her tonight. sweet singer dreams...... :)