99K Yard Sale Find

Old 07-30-2010, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by butterflywing
billy, i know you're lurking, so can i also get a new ring for the bobbin winder? that's about to go.
Sure I will toss one in the mix for you!!

Billy
Old 07-30-2010, 04:39 PM

has anyone noticed that it has it's 1/4" foot on? i can't wait to clean it all up and see what it really looks like. i also have to cut a circle of dark felt for the bottom of the spindle. speaking of which --- sheesh! now i have to get small spools of thread! i haven't bought those in years!

thanks, billy.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:48 PM

Gee, I will have to take a serious look at mine! Actually, I found her lonely and sad and I brough her home 6 weeks ago. I named her "Annabella". I didn't see the red thing, I know it takes the round bobbin. I am planning on cleaning her up tomorrow with a little pledge and see what she looks like. She purrs like a kitten. Will take some pictures tomorrow and post more info. I am happy to have her!
Old 07-30-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by smitty
you will love sewing on the 99 ! it will not affect the value if you refinish it. yes, hang onto the cabinet--3/4 size cabinets are very hard to find. Great find !
the reason they're hard to find is that we have them all :lol: :lol: :roll:.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:03 PM

has anyone noticed that it has it's 1/4" foot on? i can't wait to clean it all up and see what it really looks like. i also have to cut a circle of dark felt for the bottom of the spindle. speaking of which --- sheesh! now i have to get small spools of thread! i haven't bought those in years!

thanks, billy.
they make a wooden spindle that the bigger holed spools set on so they fit the small spindle. not the cone type though. cones can be used by use of a tall spindle that sets at the back of the machine, a tall jar, etc. if using this, I like to tape a small safety pin on the arm of the machine as an extra thread guide. you will love the beautiful stitch & soothing sound of the 99.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 PM

I just bought a similar one, electric, for 20! It only needed a new belt. It was in the hard carrying case and still had original bobbins, booklet, etc...
Old 07-30-2010, 07:21 PM

these are also electric.

i have one of those heavy metal spool stands for sewing with cones of thread, but i thought that in order to use the spindle as is, i had to buy some small spools as was intended.

i can't believe how many of us have these. :wink:
Old 07-30-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
thanks for the info. the machine still has it's original manual and billy (lostin51) is sending me the missing parts. but i will bookmark this name in case billy disappears.
Not going to happen :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am working on transitioning my businesses to nothing but Vintage sewing machines. I will still paint cars here and there but not anything like I have been doing before. If I paint one a year that will be doing something.

I am looking to buy some land right now and when I do a 4800sqft facility will be built that will house my business. I am not going to go into the details right now but I am going in with both feet and I am not looking back!

Billy
Congrats Billy. I'm really happy for you. Go for it !!! Only wish We lived closer to you. Thank heaven for the internet.
Old 07-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Dee

Thats a beauty. In very good shape.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:09 AM

Yes it does diminish the value. Just rub it with beeswax and a clean cloth and don't do anything else to it. I watch a lot of Antique shows and that is what they all say. It is a great table and sew machine, Take care of it and enjoy sewing :thumbup: