Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Added another Wheeler Wilson to the collection >

Added another Wheeler Wilson to the collection

Added another Wheeler Wilson to the collection

Old 10-11-2014, 03:42 PM

Default Added another Wheeler Wilson to the collection

This one I can cross off my "really, really want to get some day" list. Though if I found one in nicer condition that was affordable, I'd probably get that one too.

I'm not sure who it is on this board that has one, but the first time I saw it I fell in love. I do have a soft spot for the smaller machines anyway. I figured I may never see one of these - and last week one showed up on eBay. Seller was a "0" and didn't list it well. I didn't even find it until I was looking over all the machines in the Antique section to see if something slipped by me. I found this one with only two days to go.

The seller did a good job packing - it was double boxed and wrapped nice.

She's missing a few pieces, and the case needs some repair - but I'm still very happy to have her

She's missing the throat plate and part of the tension. the full size WW plate fits for width, but is long. The tension is the same, and I know I can get those readily enough.

And next to her full size sister (younger sister too). They are the same height.

The case is pretty heat - it's got the lever on the front that retracts and extends pins that hold the cover on. There is a keyhole right below it that locks them in the "out" position.

not sure what the other hole is for, but it appears there would have been something there the hooked into the front of the machine to hold it down.

Old 10-11-2014, 04:30 PM

Is this payback for posting that fiddlebase 15? Now I'm all jealous and hurt. I never knew Wheeler and Wilson made a 3/4 size machine, handcrank no less. Now you have me wanting one too.
Great find Cathy! I'm glad you got it.
Rodney
Old 10-11-2014, 06:51 PM

Hope the person i outbid isn't on this board. I figure that will happen some day. Though I'm fine if i get outbid, Just means the other person wanted it more than I did. I felt pretty good as I got it for less than half my max bid.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:10 PM

What a neat little machine! I have got to get a WW one of these days.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:17 PM

Very cool! I'm happy you saved some money on it too. Always a nice thing.
I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time people bid against each other here I'm sure. I think everyone understands that it's going to happen occasionally. I think it's possible to attend the same auction and still be friends.
If I don't win an auction it just means it wasn't the right whatever for me.
Rodney
Old 10-12-2014, 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Hope the person i outbid isn't on this board. I figure that will happen some day. Though I'm fine if i get outbid, Just means the other person wanted it more than I did. I felt pretty good as I got it for less than half my max bid.
You won’t hurt my feelings if you outbid me on something. I won’t feel bad if I outbid you either. That’s how auctions work. Nice little machine you got there.

CD in Oklahoma
Old 10-12-2014, 07:16 AM

Cathy,

I'll be following this. I'd love to see some after pics of the machine and case all spiffied up and running.

Joe