Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
American Home straight stitch info >

American Home straight stitch info

American Home straight stitch info

Old 08-17-2021, 07:18 PM

Default American Home straight stitch info

Looking for info on this American home deluxe. I got it at an auction for 6 dollars. Made in Japan. I am going to try and post pics. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Flatheadcat; 08-17-2021 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Cannot post pics
Old 08-17-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Flatheadcat View Post
Looking for info on this American home deluxe. I got it at an auction for 6 dollars. Made in Japan. I am going to try and post pics. Thanks in advance.
Nice deal. Generally, the posting picture problem as the result of the file is too large. I know what it says is maximum size is not the actual size that will post. I'll get to that later. In the mean time I have found a few links that you might like. Granted the QB ones are large, but fun to look through.
https://tumorfarmer.blogspot.com/201...g-machine.html
Vintage Japanese 'Badged' Zig Zag and Straight Sew Sewing Machines
Vintage Japanese 'Badged' sewing machine with fancy stitches

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 08-17-2021, 10:02 PM

Default I got the pics. Thanks for the help

Thanks for the help
Attached Thumbnails 718202115544.jpg   71820211576.jpg  
Old 08-18-2021, 04:58 AM

You have what is known as a "Singer 15 Clone". You might want to search this board for "15 clone" and you'll find lots of pictures and information. After WWII the US government gave the engineering designs for the Singer 15 to the Japanese government to help rebuild their economy. These machines were made by the millions and come in all colors and with all names. I happen to own the World's Best:

World's Best Sewing Machine

Here is a generic manual

https://ismacs.net/singer_sewing_mac...ion-manual.pdf

I believe they are decent machines and people who use them like them, although the ones I've had do not compare to a genuine Singer 15 in terms of material quality and workmanship, so I don't know how the clones last with heavy use.
Old 08-18-2021, 05:30 AM

As Joe said, you have a 15 clone and he gave you the link for the manual. I have read that many believe the clones are as good if not better than the Singers. Perhaps it is because it has the drop feed knob on the bed rather than having to dig under the bed to drop them. With the knob on the bed one can tell if the dogs are dropped or not. Some even had another setting on that knob to make sewing on very light weight fabric easier.

Sometimes these Japanese clones will have a JA and/or JC with a number after the JA/JC. There is someone that has been keeping a list of various badged names and possibly which manufacturer is associated with that number. http://www.doubleveil.net/zssmp/resources.htm There are many threads here on QB about clones. Here are a couple Will the Real 15 clone please stand up and Can anyone tell me more about this machine? (electro grand)

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 08-18-2021 at 05:34 AM.