Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Anyone interested in getting metal bobbins? >

Anyone interested in getting metal bobbins?

Anyone interested in getting metal bobbins?

Old 03-26-2015, 07:16 PM

Copied this from the thread I orignally posted this picture to

the first bobbin came with a set of feet for a WW8 - but I have no clue for sure what they fit
Second is from my WW D9, then Viking (all our vikings take the same bobbin), next is Standard and then White, and then the New Home (pre-Free)

I'm not sure on the next one- it is the largest diameter of them all. Next is the Singer 115 (319), Bernina, Singers 15, 66 and 221(301). Not sure what the large plastic one is, it's not as big as the large metal one, but bigger than the White. Wood spool is for the Two Spool, and the one on the end if Pfaff. I also own a New Home -Free rotary that I forgot about, the bobbin looks a lot like the 115, but is slightly larger in diameter.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:10 PM

I have plenty of bobbins for my machines. So far, the machines I have all use the same bobbins, except for the FW, and then the Two Spool and the bobbins I've purchased locally ALL seem to work very well. So, by all means send them to Macybaby!

Jeanette
Old 03-27-2015, 03:57 AM

The Singer 221 / 301 actually uses the 9W-7 bobbin.

Joe
Old 03-27-2015, 04:12 AM

Glad to hear the W9 takes a "normal" size. I had not looked at it, but figured it wasn't the same as the WW D9 - though I've got a nice handful of them to use.

It's the Sew Handy that I figure I'll never come across -but I ended up with three machines so I do have three bobbins.
Old 03-27-2015, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
I have about 50 round metal bobbins that none of my present machines use. Anyone interested in them? They are yours for free!
AlvaStitcher......Are the bobbins still available? Please let me know.......I posted right away that I'm interested. Many thanks!!
Old 03-27-2015, 09:16 PM

MacyBaby, Have you tried to remove the handwheel from your W9? I have one that *may* be a boat anchor, but I'm trying to help. Also, does yours have a bobbin case that comes out? I'd like to clean behind mine, but nothing comes out without unscrewing the works. (I have one bobbin for this machine)
Old 03-27-2015, 09:21 PM

My 401a came with a box of goodies, thread, pinking shears, buttons, etc. There were lots of bobbins for the 401 -- some of them were plastic but most seem vintage. Then there were these oddball ones, a little bigger around... what are they? Whoop! they fit the Featherweight. score!
Old 03-29-2015, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Carol34446 View Post
I would say send them to Macybaby and let her do what she does so well and find out what they go to. I only have 7 here to try them on.
I agree, seems like best solution. I've got some I can't identify. Maybe we need to send them all to a clearing house, like Macybaby's.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:29 AM

Sewnoma thanks for that link! The new Singer branded 66 bobbins fit the machine but are too narrow at the rim for vintage bobbin winders on the machines. The bad news is the seller only shows 1 package left. Macybaby thanks for the offer of your time and knowledge in sorting the bobbins!
OP: did the bobbins find a new home?
Rodney