Attachment check!

Old 07-21-2015, 09:19 AM

"according to eBay" every Singer part is for a Featherweight! I've seen lots of non-singer parts listed as "may fit a FW" too. Sellers on ebay have the idea that if they mention "featherweight" in the listing, they can double the price.

Actually, very few parts were specifically for the FW - and there are very few side clamp Singer attachments that are machine specific -and most that are - is because of a feed dog plate or cover.

I once saw a basic Singer buttonholer that someone put in a black fabric case that the White units come in. Seller listed it as "Rare Featherweight Buttonholer" and wanted $100 for it. I guess since it came in a black case, it belonged to a machine that came in a black case. Much cheaper to buy a regular Singer unit and a regular White unit and swap cases.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:19 AM
KLO

Thanks for the pdf with all the Greist attachments information. I need to save that.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Power Poster

Interesting auction. They made a bid mistake in listing the Bernina 1530 as an embroidery machine. That is my baby that I piece and quilt on it. It was the top of the DSM line for a while but they came out with embroidery machines after that model starting with the new crummy numbering of their machines.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:26 PM

The feet on the bottom of the 1st picture are for a White Rotary as is the larger bobbin. I have no idea what machine the other feet fit. The smaller bobbin will work with your 201.
Sharon in Texas.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
Interesting auction. They made a bid mistake in listing the Bernina 1530 as an embroidery machine. That is my baby that I piece and quilt on it. It was the top of the DSM line for a while but they came out with embroidery machines after that model starting with the new crummy numbering of their machines.
That's just par for the course for this group of auctioneers. There's several different ones that work through this website; there's one that lists every treadle as "pinterest ready!"
I rarely read the descriptions anymore, I usually just get annoyed.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:04 PM

Here's a good example: http://www.aoauctions.net/lot/8891/
Old 07-22-2015, 07:16 PM

http://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/simanco/161585/

Sure is! Complete with some threads in it.

The 201 is a long way from anything. the electrical stuff is a mess. I was hoping for the best with a machine in a cabinet so nice. Nope.

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
I'm kind of surprised no one picked up on what I believe is the thread cutter/holder that is in the second picture below & to left of the quilting bar. I think it is Singer part number 161585 and according to ebay is for featherweight sewing machines, which means you should be able to use on the 201. I have a few parts lists and still haven't found part number 161585. I have a "modern day" one but how it attaches to presser bar over the presser foot is shaped differently. I am one that likes the thread cutter on my machines and miss it if it is not there.

I think there may be a couple of tips (in the second picture, underneath the quilting bar ) for the tools that would be used to make the old punched rugs or seat covers made with narrow wool strips.

Smithsonian has the pdf for the Greist attachments. I'm not real good with links but believe this might get you to the pdf -- http://www.sil.si.edu/DigitalCollect.../sil10-215.pdf

Have fun & enjoy the 201.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.