Bind-all

Old 07-20-2021, 02:10 PM

Question Bind-all

Hello everyone!
I was recently gifted a BIND-ALL quilt binding machine. It didn't come with a manual or any sort of reference material. Has anyone heard of this machine? I can't find any information on it at all, which I find really odd. I'm wondering if it was made for "private labeling" by a more well known manufacturer? Is that sort of thing done in the sewing machine world? I have attached a picture hoping someone is able to help. Thank you so much for any insight you can offer!

My sincere thanks,
Shirley
Attached Thumbnails 648508590.jpg  
Old 07-20-2021, 04:08 PM

if you are on facebook there is a vintage industrial group there. We are not big on industrials here.
Good luck with it. ANd yeas badging happens frequently in sewing machines. Welcome aboard
Old 07-20-2021, 06:01 PM
Power Poster

Interesting machine with lots of throat space for quilting. Sorry I don’t know anything about it though.
Old 07-21-2021, 06:27 AM

Welcome. As Leon said, we are not big on industrial machines. I'm wondering if it was a refurb of a Juki DDL-555. Are there any other plates with numbers or numbers on any of the parts. I would think that Juki may be cast in the bottom or any of the parts - just conjecture on my part.

That is a strange needle plate.

https://sewingiscool.com/how-old-is-...chine-history/ has a picture of a similar machine. I found a couple of manuals that say for Juki DDL-555 at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/10...i-Ddl-227.html and https://www.manualslib.com/manual/12...Ddl-555-4.html The 227 is horrible but the 555-4 is better.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)
Old 07-21-2021, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by leonf View Post
if you are on facebook there is a vintage industrial group there. We are not big on industrials here.
Good luck with it. ANd yeas badging happens frequently in sewing machines. Welcome aboard
Thank you so much...I'll check that out!
Old 07-21-2021, 06:45 AM

Thank you so much--I appreciate you taking time to answer and provide links! Juki is what came to mind for me too. I will investigate further.